YFZ Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve read and read about shocks and everyone’s opinions on them for years upon years now and I must say I still can’t figure out right from wrong. I ride a 07 YFZ and had the stockers revalved by Moto-Xperts in 2010, I think, but that’s all I’ve rode. I never understood how to adjust them I just rode them harder and adjusted myself. Now I’m a little older and maybe a little wiser, probably not though, Im really starting to look hard for something aftermarket. I’m just not sure I’ll get the full effect if you know what I mean.
What do you guys think where should I start? I really don’t have a clue. I called Derisi today at lunch to maybe pick their brain a little and no one answered.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Derisi is a busy guy and hard to get a hold of. If you are not going to be pushing the machine right to it's limits just stick to standard travel and save yourself some money. Do you want it wider or do you like the stock width?

Talk to Ken at KB Motorsports and he would be glad to talk through it with you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’d like to think it’s been pushed to its limit and past on multiple occasions. Bent many stock bottom a-arms from bottoming and hitting rocks or whatever it is, even blew out a few ball joints, those are always a little sketchy. I want to stick with close to stock width and would like to go the long travel route. I’ve been looking at the Houser long travel set ups for years and I really like them. Research is not really the problem it’s making a choice of what I really need or taking it too far for something I don’t need. I run a few races in a local XC series in A and Vet A classes and outrun or keep up with guys with 3-4k worth of suspensions. I would love to have the Fox Floats Or Elka Stage 5s, but would I really love them. What I want to know is there that much gain out of something that expensive. The reason I say Fox or Elka is I know they have been around for as long as I can remember and they are battle tested.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts