YFZ Central banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
I have an 05 yfz 450 with stock suspension. When i ride i get beat to death. I generally ride at ocotillo wells, mostly hard packed. i have tried to mess with the shock setting but doesn't seem to help much. I'm 6'2" and weigh about 240. I thought about buying better shocks, and know that FOX nd Elka are good shocks, but looking around they are so expensive. If i bought a set they would be more than i paid for the quad!! Is there any other kind that are descent, maybe buying shocks for a newer year yfz 450 and mount those? thanks for your input..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Get some long travel arms and throw on some EFI shocks - I've never done this but have read multiple times that its a good affordable upgrade. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I’ll check it. Is EFI a brand? I took a quick look and didn’t see anything. So crazy how expensive some of these shocks are.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Find some a-arms and a linkage that will take yfz450r shocks. The shocks are in abundance because 450r riders are always getting aftermarket stuff. The 450r shocks are also really darn good too. You can a set for $300 if you look around. Also look into a steering stabilizer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You might try Motowoz from KB Motorsports!
Motowoz is still around? Is jessie still the owner? I used to ride the silver fendered/red frame/ blue alba graphic ltz400 for motowoz back in 2003. Those shocks rocked but his shop burned down in the cedar fire

·
Registered
1 Posts
Get some long travel arms and throw on some EFI shocks - I've never done this but have read multiple times that its a good affordable upgrade. Hope this helps!
Hold on. Wait. He needs you to read his question before you respond. He says his shocks are beating him to death. We know the shocks when properly set up work for lots of riders.

Did the air escape out of the bladder? I don't know what the pressure is supposed to be so maybe someone on these forms can help. Is it the rear shock that's bad? That could have an effect on the entire ride. It also has an air bladder.

Telling somebody to go buy totally different shocks AND long travel arms is ignorant. Even a moron could come to the conclusion new upgraded parts are better than old parts. The fact you've never tried these parts you're suggesting makes it a slam dunk at the assumption you shouldn't be giving advice here.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Hey englem u in the san diego area?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts