YFZ Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by RESCUE YFZ@Feb 22 2004, 12:44 PM
Anyone know where I can get a set of shock covers for tcs lt's????
TCS doesnt make them so u will hav to get Elkas or PEPs or Shockwears.... i always wondere why they didnt make em... a ton of people buy em :sonic

·
Registered
651 Posts
They dont make them because they are usually more of a nuisance than good, I asked when I got my shocks. Personally I agree, I used my covers only for looks off the track and keeing dust off them when not in use.
They constantly snagged and trapped in wet sandy mud which wore the powdercoating off the springs the couple of times I did use them. I am sure for a more general purpose type of riding they may be better but for mx they sucked IMO.
Quad tech has some really nice carbon fibre guards out for the PEP's that are more like a fork guard on a dirtbike. I am thinking of trying to make a pair like that.

·
Registered
304 Posts
im not going to run any, they just hold the dirt inside (yes it gets through the cover) and makes things worse in my opinion. at least with no covers i can wash and wipe them down and know their good to go.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
rippin & 43........ i see where yall are coming from, but dnt forget without the covers a rock can hit the shaft.... if it hits the shaft it will make like nick in it...... that nick will then cut the seal when the shock compresses which is bad.... 8|

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
rippin & 43........ i see where yall are coming from, but dnt forget without the covers a rock can hit the shaft.... if it hits the shaft it will make like nick in it...... that nick will then cut the seal when the shock compresses which is bad.... 
I think a rock heavy enough to do that would definately hit the springs, not the shaft.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input guys, those carbon fiber gaurds sound like the best choice. what are the chances of dirt and mud ruining your seals??? thats what I wanted them for but if they hold the dirt and mud in then I guess it defeats the purpose.

·
Registered
304 Posts
i understand what your sayiong, but in all my years of riding i never had something like that happen, so i'm not going to worry about it too much :blah

they both have their ups and downs. covers can wear the pc off your springs and hold dirt inside which can make the shocks break down faster, but then no covers makes your shocks a little more open to getting hit by something and getting damaged. take your pick and hope for the best i suppose :uhoh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts