YFZ Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are some reasons to shave your fenders other than it looks awesome :what :what

·
Registered
26 Posts
The meaning of the shaved fenders in the pro racers perspective is to be able to see any obstacles when jumping such as shock movement and landing bumps. Not to mention they look pretty kick ass.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
The main reason though is for jumping. When you are a pro, or just a rider who jumps bigs your fenders catch A LOT of air soaring through the sky. The more surface area to grab air is more friction which slows you down and you can not go as far. Also if it is really windy it could really move the quad around awkwardly in the air. For jumping your fenders should be as parral to the ground as possibly. The Air/Wind really affects quads soaring through the air after probalby 70 feet. You can start to tell at 60 feet. Think of how the front fenders cup and catch all that air. Air=Friction which slows you down and will not allow you to jump as far through the air.

·
Registered
115 Posts
it also helps you see the guy you are pushing and bumping in front of you.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
it is mainly so the mud gets on u and not the fenders :lol ....... the girls mite think u were mudriding, they mite like that, then they mite ride ;)

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
When duning and I stop on a hill I can put my feet on the front tires to keep the bike still.

Oh yeah...It looks good :D

·
Registered
446 Posts
Another reason is that sometimes when I lean way in on a turn my knee hit's the fender.
Thats just for the tall guy's though.
Oh yeah and cause it looks cool! :D

Tony

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
some people, like me have to cut them after a muddy motocross race. mud packs up...then hit a jump and the brackets break off

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by 04flamedyfz@Feb 13 2004, 05:42 AM
anyone have pics of these cut?
Here is a picture of mine.

:search There are alot of pics here on the site.

·
Registered
122 Posts
a little less weight and more arroe dinamics

·
Registered
212 Posts
not to mention if you are riding a wheelie and a gust of wind comes up you wont get blown over !!!! :rock

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by wood4you@Feb 14 2004, 06:11 PM
not to mention if you are riding a wheelie and a gust of wind comes up you wont get blown over !!!! :rock
that too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts