YFZ Central banner

601 - 619 of 619 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking for maps for my 2010 YFZ450r with full DASA exhaust and airbox lid removed. if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
are they getting them tunes from dyno runs? I have a 14 with full dasa exhaust and fci with box. I got some maps but they look totally different

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2012 yfz450r with MSD, hotcams stage 3 intake cam, full Lone star exhaust, stock intake with K&N open filter no lid. I have velocity intake not installed which will be going soon. Seems to run rich. Does anyone have any tunes or suggestions? Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking for a good blaster fi map

Hi Im kinda new to creating tunes with the blaster fi. I will be moving to an area with average elevations of around 5000' that can range to 10,000' with temperatures from the 50s in winter to around 100-110 in the summer. I have a full system gytr exhaust and a stock airbox with lid removed. It doesnt have to be perfect but id like it to run like it should. Also if anybody has a tune for around 300' elevation id be interested in that as well. Im interested in learning what changes to make to tunes to modify them for different elevations. I understand what im doing with carbs but I have no idea what fi values to change or how agressivley i change the values.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Picked up an MSD for my 2010 with full race ported head, slip on exhaust, FCI intake, 2004 yfz intake cam, 2014 crank, running 500-1000ft above sea level. anyone have a map handy? I have started fooling around tuning it and it runs great, just not too sure on how much fuel to add where. the only real issue I am seeing is burbling after decel when getting back on the gas. I have no bog at all and the midrange is great.
I have been running the first map from ironside17s on page 23 and its working great so far.
also, I seem to be having difficulty getting the "notes" page to stay updated. every time I make a change, it immediately reverts back to default settings. I also cannot get the green to highlight the active cell on the fuel page while the quad is running.

Here is a map that was provided to me by a site sponsor for a full system and FCI intake. not sure of elevation, etc but im going to give it a try.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AxxHrhyXV48QAMAyrBLGvy3KiBSuIYvt/view?usp=sharing

·
Registered
298 Posts
How I have been data logging from the MSD:

Looking into getting a wideband sensor and logging AFR to the laptop as well.
Coolant temps seem good, and this thing is pulling crazy timing, even with only 5 degrees offset in MSD.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I've been playing with the blaster to try and get the bike running as close to perfect as I can and I noticed something. First a little background, I'm a 30 year auto tech who's built and owned many race cars and hot rods so I know how to tune an engine. Anyhow, I notice that just off idle at say between 2 and 3K rpm with 5% or less TPS the thing pull out crazy timing creating a bog. I have it setup so it's super responsive with no bog at all when you hit the throttle like you mean it, or anything above 10% really but Yamaha has some hokey shit going on in their tune. I can add a bunch of timing with the MSD there but it's too high at idle to make it where it needs to be when you open the throttle slightly, there's no real load on the enging here so it makes no sense for a factory timing curve to do that and there's nothing in the MSD to correct it. Shit like that frustrates me to no end, it may have something to do with the EPA to reduce NoX. Don't get me started on the EPA getting their bugger pickers on recreational vehicles...

Anyhow, I found a pretty happy medium that makes the bike feel so much better just putting through a trail if anyone wants to try it out. It's basically just a modded 5 degree timing map with extra to help out with the off idle flat spot. Looks like I have to go make 5 posts before I can post a file or even a link to a screenshot

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone, new to the thread and im gunna need some help with my msd when i eventually get it next week. I just bought a 2018 yfz450 and will be installing a fci intake and GYTR ais delete. For right now i have the stock exhaust with the spark arrestor out but will eventually buy a yoshi rs2 in a month or two. Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So after installing a full yoshi rs2 and fci intake with airbox, I have tried about 5 maps from this thread and i cant seem to find one that works well at all. High idle at times, stalls, bogs off idle, stalls off idle. I really need help there is absolutely no one that i know who has any knowledge about this sorta thing so please i need your help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I just picked up a 2014 yfz450r, it's got the famous bog and before extensively researching, I bought the after to fix it. Does anyone have a map to fix it or do I really need a vortex ECU?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi, I have yfz450r 2016 se. my mods are hotcams stage 2 cams, wiseco 14:1 piston, fmf 4.1 with powerbomb and msd. has anyone have a map for this setups?

thanks.

601 - 619 of 619 Posts