YFZ Central banner

581 - 600 of 620 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Need MSD blaster map for 2016 stock yfz 450R with lid off

Hi,

Is there a map to use for a stock 2016 YFZ 450 R with the air box lid off? I replace the airbox lid with a EHS Racing lid with filter.

I want it to run cool so if the fuel map can be increased so it does not run so hot and lean..

If there is no map, how can i edit the blaster myself?

Thank you,
jody

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys I got a 2012 yfz450r with Rossier engineering full exhaust and gytr intake with the msd blaster fi. Can someone help me with a map??? I think it's running a bit rich. Please and thank you for any help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys I got a 2012 yfz450r with these mods:

Rossier engineering full exhaust
Gytr intake
MSD Blaster FI
Elevation: around 550

I was wondering if someone could help me out with a map? I think I'm running a bit rich right now. I've just been running it on one of the preset tunes...intake and pipe. But I'm looking for something a little more exact for my machine. Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm new to this amazing forum but I'm having a problem with my 16 yfz se. Got the dasa full system, pro design and k&n, plus the msd blaster. It has no throttle response. It cuts out and dies when trying to wick the throttle. Anyone plz help, not good with tuning when it comes to a computer. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
msd blaster mapping

I am having trouble finding a good msd map for my quad. 2009 450r, full fmf 4.1 with mega bomb header, JE 13.5:1 piston, web cams, ported and polished head, dasa bored throttle body, mad blaster fi, 108 AFV race fuel, elevation 3500ft. can anybody help me?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a dumb question... I have used power commander in the past and had no issues. Well I just got his MSD for my son and I am having a brain hurting issue.. How is it that, I write a map, advance or fuel... click save as or even save... but when I go and open the file... all the maps show 0 in the blocks... what is going on??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I got a 2012 yfz450r with HMF full exhaust and stock air filter, lid off with the msd blaster fi. Can someone help me with a map???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone have a map or can someone recommend a map for the following on an 09 yfz450r

Fmf factory 4.1 with powerbomb header
Fuel Customs intake with box
And obviously the msd blaster

Riding at about 1000-1200ft

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
OK guys I recently purchased a 2016 YFZ 450SE. First impression on stock ride. WOW! No bog that you hear about on earlier models, supposedly in 2016 Yamaha has remapped or redesigned the ECU. This quad hit hard great throttle response from the start no hesitation through all gears and all RPMs. I was able to wheelie out of corners and another thing to mention this quad has a great powerband stock. The only mod I did for the first ride was put a CCP steering stabilizer on along with full PRM skids. Suspension on the other hand was really stiff, I was sore for 3 days following my ride. This is understandable though this bike is meant for MX and i ride more GNCC. For my second ride i did soften all shock settings to the fullest and was pretty impressed.

Even though I was so impressed with the stock engine performance me being me I needed more. I hit up Ken at KBMotorsports and ordered a full DASA shorty FCI Intake and a set of Houser Pro Bounce nerfs. O and Ken supplied me a MSD map from Dasa for the 2016 YFZ 450.

Installed all my parts Tried to upload Dasa map to the MSD this was a no go. Called MSD they said the map was from an older MSD, I would have to copy it cell by cell. I also asked them how this MSD would work since in 2016 Yamaha remapped the ECU. MSD said they have not tested the MSD on 2015 or 2016 YFZ 450s but as long as Dasa remapped the curve it should work. After parts where installed I started the quad let it idle for a while, sounded good. Reved the engine no real bog or popping on decel. I went to a Poker Run last Saturday and was not impressed by the results. Although there was no real bog there was no throttle response. For me this is a deal breaker my YFZ did not hit hard anymore from stock. No more coming out of corner fast or just doing anything fast in general. Yes the quad moved it just didn't have the pick up. Normally I could just pick up and go from any RPM, not the case now.

Do I think this is a good starting line for a 2016 YFZ 450? Yes. I just think it needs someone to fine tune it. Like I said no bogs or popping, just poor throttle response. Unfortunately I have a neighbor that calls the cops as soon as I start my quad so I cant be tweaking thing and reving the engine here.

I would like to share this map and possibly someone can benefit and tweak it and reshare it. I did call Dasa today and they said they haven't got any complaints with this map. Although I did point out in their fuel map at 2000 RPMs all there #s were in the negative, I asked them if this could be why i was getting bad throttle response. He did say yeas and told me to change all negative cells in the 2000 RPMs to 0. I did and I also shared it. I was not able to try it since my shock are off for revalving and trip rate springs.

My Mods on 2016 YFZ 450SE:
Dasa Shorty
FCI intake w/box
MSD

My maps are attached please if you tweak these maps share with the community!

·
Registered
11 Posts
My maps didn't upload so here they are.

Once again my mods for 2016 YFZ450SE:

Full Dasa shorty
FCI intake with box
MSD

This map was supplied by Dasa for the 2016 YFZ 450.
Please read the above post for more info on this map.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
OK guys I recently purchased a 2016 YFZ 450SE. First impression on stock ride. WOW! No bog that you hear about on earlier models, supposedly in 2016 Yamaha has remapped or redesigned the ECU. This quad hit hard great throttle response from the start no hesitation through all gears and all RPMs. I was able to wheelie out of corners and another thing to mention this quad has a great powerband stock. The only mod I did for the first ride was put a CCP steering stabilizer on along with full PRM skids. Suspension on the other hand was really stiff, I was sore for 3 days following my ride. This is understandable though this bike is meant for MX and i ride more GNCC. For my second ride i did soften all shock settings to the fullest and was pretty impressed.

Even though I was so impressed with the stock engine performance me being me I needed more. I hit up Ken at KBMotorsports and ordered a full DASA shorty FCI Intake and a set of Houser Pro Bounce nerfs. O and Ken supplied me a MSD map from Dasa for the 2016 YFZ 450.

Installed all my parts Tried to upload Dasa map to the MSD this was a no go. Called MSD they said the map was from an older MSD, I would have to copy it cell by cell. I also asked them how this MSD would work since in 2016 Yamaha remapped the ECU. MSD said they have not tested the MSD on 2015 or 2016 YFZ 450s but as long as Dasa remapped the curve it should work. After parts where installed I started the quad let it idle for a while, sounded good. Reved the engine no real bog or popping on decel. I went to a Poker Run last Saturday and was not impressed by the results. Although there was no real bog there was no throttle response. For me this is a deal breaker my YFZ did not hit hard anymore from stock. No more coming out of corner fast or just doing anything fast in general. Yes the quad moved it just didn't have the pick up. Normally I could just pick up and go from any RPM, not the case now.

Do I think this is a good starting line for a 2016 YFZ 450? Yes. I just think it needs someone to fine tune it. Like I said no bogs or popping, just poor throttle response. Unfortunately I have a neighbor that calls the cops as soon as I start my quad so I cant be tweaking thing and reving the engine here.

I would like to share this map and possibly someone can benefit and tweak it and reshare it. I did call Dasa today and they said they haven't got any complaints with this map. Although I did point out in their fuel map at 2000 RPMs all there #s were in the negative, I asked them if this could be why i was getting bad throttle response. He did say yeas and told me to change all negative cells in the 2000 RPMs to 0. I did and I also shared it. I was not able to try it since my shock are off for revalving and trip rate springs.

My Mods on 2016 YFZ 450SE:
Dasa Shorty
FCI intake w/box
MSD

My maps are attached please if you tweak these maps share with the community!

·
Registered
11 Posts
OK guys we will try this again. I do realize those pics I attached on the post above are not very clear, not sure why. Here is a link to google drive where the pics are very clear.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanx man! This is EXACTLY what I need because I too just got a 2016 yfz 450r and I installed dasa full exhaust(classic) and about to install my FCI intake and I have the MSD blaster....

Question... you said change the negatives in the 2000rpms to 0???

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016 yfz450r and i just bought the msd blaster for it , i do not have any pipe or intake, completely stock just not spart arrester or air box lix, any suggested maps i can use or should i just wait to get pipe and intake ????? You can also email me at [email protected]

581 - 600 of 620 Posts