YFZ Central banner

41 - 60 of 620 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yep, a little rich at the bottom. Made some minor adjustments but that was a very good starting point.

I think I need to adjust the fuel accel at the bottom end. Not sure what to do there, I guess I need to read up on it more.
After talking with the guys at MSD, I played with the fuel accel setting. Ended up with 80% from 0-3000 rpm and back up to 100% at 6000 rpm. Really helped throttle response.

Also went up on the fuel across the board at 0% throttle and it got rid of the flame out the pipe on decel.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Thats not a link thats the numbers that are on my screen across the top for the fuel. You can compare it to my old screen shot for fuel on page one of this forum. They use a standard correction method on the dyno to get it to as close as possible on real HP but it may be a couple to generous, but my baseline was 41 with pipe and intake on stock ecu settings.
gotcha, pretty impressive gain tho for just more tuning

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought a built 09 YFZR and it has the Blaster on it.It has the low rpm bog coming off a corner at the track.The motor was done at DASA,bored throttle body,cams,ported head,DasA exhaust,PRo Design filter.Anyone have a good suggestion for a map.I looked at what it is tuned at now and looks a little rich.Runs great on the long straights and higher rpm's,just acts like my old 250R did when it was rich on bottom.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just bought a built 09 YFZR and it has the Blaster on it.It has the low rpm bog coming off a corner at the track.The motor was done at DASA,bored throttle body,cams,ported head,DasA exhaust,PRo Design filter.Anyone have a good suggestion for a map.I looked at what it is tuned at now and looks a little rich.Runs great on the long straights and higher rpm's,just acts like my old 250R did when it was rich on bottom.
I was having same issues. just play with the numbers from 2,000 to 3,000 rpm at 10% to 40% tps. I used that to get really close but the fuel accel is where I really got rid of the bog.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im guessing your talking about fuel?What settings did you end up with on the accel setting.It had 10 for the fuel value at 2000rpm at 0 tps then went down to 5 at higher rpms? Im interested in the map Sam posted in the OP for the pipe,air filter,cams and ported head.I cant get it to open though.

·
Registered
529 Posts
no offense sheilds but im still tryin to figure out how the hell u made 52 hp and 41.48tq on a slip on yosh and intake lol. dont really know much bout the quad com. intake looks like a nice setup. i really dont see the tq numbers thats alot of tq for pipe and filter i only made 48.30 hp and 32tq on rossier,velocity,gytr piston,06 intake cam dyno tuned by fuel customs. whats you timing set at?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Maybe Maybe not

Well it laid down a 41hp baseline with pipe and intake and stock ecu settings. Then after changing from the 0 setting to tune 8 and some tuning we got 47.6hp. Two weeks later I went back with the spark arrestor out and we leaned it out from 12 to 13 on the AFR. and we got the 52hp. Anyone can tell you though that a dyno is only as good as the person who runs it. (There is alot of variables to plug in) I think I put in one of my post that it may be a couple of hp too generous but the main thing is the AFR is good, and its hard to argue the pickup between the baseline and the final result from a good tune. Timing is at the MSD preset 5 degrees

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was wondering what you guys would recommend for my tune. I am at sea level and I have a dasa pipe, intake and the msd.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I ride at Glamis so that is close to sea level, Now I have not ridden there since I tuned it but these tunes tend to be rich so from my elevation to sea level you should be ok.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
No offense to shields but its pretty much impossible for you to have 42lbs of tq and 52hp with that setup your running. You do realize thats about the same TQ a 65hp yfz would pull?

·
Registered
558 Posts
I was comparing shields to erskines dynotunes. Why are erskines numbers so much higher than shields. I am running shields numbers and it runs pretty good. I have fmf 4.1 and mega bomb head pipe, pro billet adapter with prodesign foam filter, removed lid and 06 yfz intake cam. Is shields numbers good for my bike or should I try another dyno tune? field elevation is around 480

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am assuming that Erskine only did full throttle pulls on the dyno which is the same thing I did. If you compare that line only, there is not a huge difference between the two. Everything below that is where there is a difference. And as far as my Hp and TQ numbers go I can only post what the dyno gave me. I know that they are too generous but the point of the thread is to share msd maps to help others have a place to start and I have spent plenty of time and money to know that my maps are a good starting point.

·
Registered
61 Posts
msd is awesome

used shields mapping all i can say his mapping is right on, the bike pulls with no bog no decel back fire i think his #s are spot on i have a 12.75.1 je piston 08 intake cam open air box with k&n from before to know is like night and day THANK SHEILDS my bike is running great have it on tune 8 with your #s,had a pcv what a waste of money compared to the msd,ran against my friends heavly modded raptor 727 blew his doors in the 1\8 on dirt ,thanks again for sharing your #s,its a great starting point:clap:clap

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks

I am glad it is working for you. You could probably add 1 to 2 more for fuel to all the tables on top of mine due to the cam. It may not help on the top but might help on the bottom with the torque.

·
Registered
61 Posts
actually i did add 2 at the bottom had a little dead spot added 2 got rid of it , i will tell ya when i put the 08 cam put it lobe to lobe there is a very BIG difference between the 2 cams the lift on th 08 is about an 1\8 taller but your #s are real close for me, you should add a cam it made a noticable diff,Thanks Again :lol i might just test another tune table and add 1 or 2 moreand see hoew that works, its pretty intresting stuff messing around with fuel injection settings, you can feel the engines response to the different settings as you change them ,pretty cool technology.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
actually i did add 2 at the bottom had a little dead spot added 2 got rid of it , i will tell ya when i put the 08 cam put it lobe to lobe there is a very BIG difference between the 2 cams the lift on th 08 is about an 1\8 taller but your #s are real close for me, you should add a cam it made a noticable diff,Thanks Again :lol i might just test another tune table and add 1 or 2 moreand see hoew that works, its pretty intresting stuff messing around with fuel injection settings, you can feel the engines response to the different settings as you change them ,pretty cool technology.

I just put an 08 cam in mine and comparing the lobes there is a huge difference I was very surprised.

41 - 60 of 620 Posts