YFZ Central banner

561 - 580 of 619 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ok, slapped everything on. Last on was FCI with box, and I'm running on map 1, as MSD said this is just fuel accel to be on safe side. Gotta say, wow. 3rd gear wheelies with wet tires, and I'm rocking the full Yoshi minus the plug. Anyone care to chime in and link me to a better map to suit my mods on this bike. Before big 3 I had a slight bog at neutral, but it's all gone now. Night and day difference on power delivery, feels like a freakin stump puller like my KX 450. Quite pleased. Think I should run stock map 3, MSD says its 500 rpm over rev and 5 degree advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I from Chile, south América. I use the Shields map on my yfz450R 2011 with 97 octane gas and it work great. My mod is k&n intake and FMF exhaust with powerbomb. Now, I want to know if this map is better on mx circuit or I can use in other routes because I ride on sand circuits with 20 km (32 miles) for lap and each lap take 18 to 20 minutes with some jumps and many whoops. I felt a little rich the mixture so I checked the spark plug and it was black and it consumed 1 lt more after 2 laps than the yfz450r 2014 stock ecu with rossier and k&n intake. Can I to damage my engine?

Also I have a raptor 700 2014 to ride rally (like dakar) on chilean desert, what map do you recommend me to this discipline? More or less advandce?. This race have 2 days of duration and we ride 400 km per day.

sorry for my english, I speak spanish

·
Registered
9 Posts
alright guys since no one is answering anyones posts. on the 2nd page of this thread there is a post from a user shields, there is 2 pictures. input those values into the msd view software. its as simple as that. I have a 2014 yfz450R with gytr slip on exhaust and full intake as well as the msd.. after I inputed these values my bike ran great! before it would bog really bad at low rpm and also run rough at certain rpm. Now hat bog is completely gone. now is this map perfect for everyone? no but its a good start and better than one of the preset settings on the msd... just do it..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a stock air box with lid off a fmf powercore 4 slip on and I ride trails and tracks what a good map I did the 9ne for two brothers full exhaust and lid off runs good seems to be rich it's shooting a flame every once in awhile I'm new to all this

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys this is for my future reference, but would shields map be ok to use on 91 octane? Because I see his different and we only get 91 octane in california.
And also ...

I know someone asked for this earlier... This is a tune for a stock bike at 500 feet. No lid, no spark arrestor. Fuel accel is whatever setting 4 is, I think it is 100% @ 5k
http://www.yfzcentral.com/forum/attachments/yfzr-x-powertrain/7845d1315089974-share-your-msd-blaster-fi-settings-here-no-lid-no-spark-arrestor.jpg

Anyone try this? I didn't see anyone respond whether that map was ok? I got the msd as my first mod and will be saving for an exhaust next so since the msd maps don't add fuel, will no lid-no spark arrestor make it lean then? Thanks in advance
:smile2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Also with shields map or Sam68 map would i have to set the fuel accelaration to 80% to 3k ( or is it until 4k?) rpm then to 100% when it gets to 5k rpm? Or it wouldn't matter since there maps are custom? Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Shields map stalled with the slightest touch of throttle, it was like an off switch. I found this tune but cant remember where, it was probably on here but heres the numbers, this works really good on mine. I played with the fuel accel, increasing it off idle to 120% to 3500 or 4000 rpm but got a little stumble sometimes.....

'11 ecu
fci
yosh full sys
ais delete
msd

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey guys, i have 2011 yfz450r
full yoshimura rs2
msd
stock air filter
lid removed
500-800 ft
Can you find a map for me?
And my second quad is 2011 yfz450r
full fmf 4.1
k&n filter with adapter
lid removed
msd
500-800ft
another map for this

·
Registered
25 Posts
can anyone point me in the right direction, i have a full motoworks exhaust with stock air filter with lid on
my elevation is 3,800
can anyone help me find a map for this?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi i got a 2010 yfz450r.the mods i have is full roosier exhaust,98mm big bore kit.with 98mm cp 12.5.1 piston.08 intake cam and fuel custom intake.do anyone have a map that will match this setup?

561 - 580 of 619 Posts