YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My riding buddy just got a DS 650 Baja. He was reading in the manuel how to set his rear suspension and adjust the pre load and suspension. Suspension has always been real confusing how it works. I do not understand how you want to adjust the spring rate and the pre load. I have never really tried to figure it out but I am unclear. Did anyone here adjust their suspension when they got their YFZ? If so how do you want to set it? Do you want more sag before you get on it or less?

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
set less before u get on it..... cuz its gunna lower when sit on it..... but theres no "sag" on the YFZ...... the Zero-Preload shocks are the ones that have sag...... theres preload on the YFZ which will make it sit lower and higher but wat it mainly does is adjust how stiff u want ur preload to be....... and the compression adjustment is how stiff you want the shock to be when it is compressing.... and the rebound adjustment is for how fast u want the shock to rebound after it compresses...... but make sure u dnt make the compression too fast and the rebound too slow (have someone back me up on this.... it mite be vice versa)or it will load the shock and its bad for it... hope i helped you---- Trey

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was stupid of me, I forgot and now that I think about it the YFZ has no sag like YFZ_53 pointed out...My friends DS had a lot of sag and he was trying to figure out how to set it. That is why I asked. Stock it should be set up all right then?

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
i didnt know the DS 650 had ZPS stock.... thats pretty cool....... well he should have a threaded shock body w/ a ring on it that spins on the threads and that will set the ride height...... but if it does have preload, u still adjust it the same way if it has the threaded preload body..... but if it has like little notches on the bottom of the shock (by bottom of spring) then that is how u set the preload....... and i dnt think the DS has comp. and reb. adj stock like the YFZ....... but on the YFZ, just mess w/ the comp and reb. adjustments until its how you like it... lemme know if i can help w/ nething else.------ Trey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts