YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, looking to get another 450r, it's been a few years since I sold my last and now I'm looking to buy another. Just wondering what's the going price for a 2009 yfz 450r with light mods such as exhaust and need bars? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
What part of the country makes a big difference. Where are you located?
Im in search of my first yfz here in Cali and been scouring Craigslist for weeks and seeing what the best rates are. Its been a good learning experience for me on what to look for and what is a waste of time.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in california also, this would be my 3rd Yamaha 450 so I know a little about them, but have been out of the loop for a couple years. Oh yea, I saw a couple RIDICULOUS asking prices.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I live in Upstate South Carolina. Cheapest in the nation on Gas. Cheapest in the nation on Cigarettes/Tobacco. Just about in the top running (5) states for cheapest everything else...

The 09's here are going from $2800 for an all out stocker, upward to $4000 which would be considered race ready. Engine, shocks, nerfs, bars, stabilizer, etc etc.

For $3k, you could get one with hIpers, nerfs, exhaust or slip-on, jetted with a nice set of bars. I also own homes in Georgia and Florida as well. Georgia is another cheaper place to go used quad shopping, but Florida is just as high as Cali...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Those are good prices and if I saw an 09 for that price here in Socal I would scoop it up fast. I haven't been seeing too many 09's for sale around here but the ones I have seen are going for more. The 07/08's are going for that down here.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The 09's here are going from $2800 for an all out stocker, upward to $4000 which would be considered race ready.

For $3k, you could get one with hIpers, nerfs, exhaust or slip-on, jetted with a nice set of bars.
Im assuming you are referring to carbed YFZs...

If there were EFI YFZs for $2800 in my neck of the woods. I would have far too many of them in my garage.

For what its worth, I bought my 2010 450X for $4300 in texas two years ago. I bought a 2007 carb trx450R for my wife here in cali for $2700 about 6 months ago.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Poverty stricken area. Bought an 07 GYTR Raptor 700 in 2011 for $2500. Carb'd yfz's go for 1800-2700.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.