YFZ Central banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always rode dirt bikes but in the past 3 years got rid of every dirt bike I had and have only quads now and i wonder to myself how I ever thought dirt bikes were more fun than quads.
Anyways I just got my yfz running again after cracking my cases when I threw my chain. Right now it has 18 inch hole shots on it. I never would have put 18 inch tires on it but it was an offer I couldn’t refuse.
I’m going to 20 in tires and I would like to order them before the weekend but I am VERY VERY tempted to just order sand paddles. Where I ride is one of the biggest sand pits in the USA (so I’m told even though I find it hard to believe) it has very sandy hills and even the trails are sandy. Have any of you rocked paddles in conditions like this? How is it in the trails. When I ride with regular tires it’s very fast and every turn I’m sideways will the rear still break loose or will it hook up to good through the woods?

·
Registered
158 Posts
You will destroy paddles in anything but sand.

GBC ground/bark busters.

Groove them
Sheerider got a groover and did a review on it.

The paddles in woods will ensure a flat tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
What’s your current gearing? If you’re just trail riding I don’t see the need for grooving. I’ve always ran maxxis tires but they cost a little more than other tires. I had a buddy who put a full set of ambush tires on his Honda 450 oem size and I was impressed with them.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Dont get paddles.
I had the gbc xc masters that I grooved. They were awesome.
I swapped to the gbc ground buster 3. There even better. I hook really well in the sand.
The gb3 are like my grooved xc masters. But the compound is softer.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Maxxis razr plus by design will act like mini padles. Knobs line up across tire. They come grooved. But overpriced in my opinion. Throw some mean backk offf roost.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just purchased some new wheels for my 2013 YFZ450 and I need some help with what tires to buy. I used to just ride trails but I’m trying out tracks and jumps so I want something that will work well. The wheels size I just bought are Rok 2 Out Rolled Lip Fronts 10x5", 4+1 Offset, 4/156 Bolt Pattern + (2) G3 Beadlock Rears 8x8", 3+5 Offset, 4/115 Bolt Pattern. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
With 8” rears you probably want 18” tires id imagine if you’re doing tracks and jumping. I run razr cross fronts and razr mx rears. It’s a good all around set up for me fronts are 20x6x10 and rears are 18x10x8

·
Registered
16 Posts
With 8” rears you probably want 18” tires id imagine if you’re doing tracks and jumping. I run razr cross fronts and razr mx rears. It’s a good all around set up for me fronts are 20x6x10 and rears are 18x10x8

Thanks a lot! So if I want the look you have I could buy the exact same size as yours? Sorry if that’s a dumb question lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts