YFZ Central banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mounted up 1st maxxis razr plus 6ply tire to new. Rear OEM wheel.
That went ok after a struggle and tire irons. Trying to seat the bead.
Im inflating the tire to 20 psi and it is inflating just will not pop into the bead area of the wheel. I deflate and ratchet strap 2 straps in the middle and i inn flate to 28 psi ans still no pop. I can see it needs a little in both sides. Concerned to blow up the tire. Sidewall says 36 pso max just seems too much.

Show i try to seat the bead inflating with or without straps in the middle.yes it is taking in air no matter strap or no strap. Im using a high volume "higher end" bike hand pump pumping up and down.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2nd attempt. Deflated completely push down on bead both sides and sprayed armor all. C wut happens.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
GOT ER DONE !!! I inflated to 28 psi. Unhook air pump. And bounced the biatch rotating wise. Heard one pop, thought i was done, look at other side not completeley seated more bounce and it popped a 2nd time. Aired down and set at 5 psi.

A TIP when mounting your own tires. When you use a tire iron to push down into wheel push down at same time on the tire same area of tire with your knee or else it will not WANT TO go in. Of course keep opposite end in dropout.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Sin I am a little OCD. I MOUNTED THE RAZR LOGO THAT HAD SOME NUMBER STAMPED INTO IT INSIDE AND LINED UP RAZR LOGO OPPOSITE OF Valve stem.

A little bigger than the OEM ones. Looks good.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rockymountain months ago had them on my garage just sittind there i think i paid like 105 each at the time. Rockymountain no longer sells these last time i chexked, maybe people did not want to buy them. At one time the rears 20 11 9s 6 ply were on closeout for 89 bucks on rockymountain. Makes my quad look more aggressive. I like the squarish side lugs. BEEFY BEEFY SIDE LUGS.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I just ordered these from my local dealer they matched the lowest online price I found which was from Motosport.com. If your dealer wants your business they should do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bet those 18s give lots lots of acceleration with less rotating mass.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wanted to have a spare rear wheel set. Plus i can squeeze one or 2 more rides on the stockers some time in the future.

·
Super Moderator
3,967 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Next time when seating bead......soapy water on bead. Get it started. Fill to 10lbs. Count to 20. 15lbs. Count to 20. 20lbs. Count to 20. Do that until you get to 30lbs. The pause allows the tire to stretch and seat a little at a time. Bounce it like a basketball. Rotating the tire a few degrees between each bounce. Yea you heard me right. Like a basketball. Not spiking a football. Slight bounce with a roll. By the time you get 3/4 of the way around it will seat. 6 plys are stiff. They need a little persuasion. 30 lbs seems to be the sweet spot for this method. Less than that it wouldn’t seat on two full bounce revolutions when mounting my six plys.

Ohh. That’s exactly what you did. I’m a dumbass for posting without reading first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts