YFZ Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i had never heard of this product before (Seafoam) & after i started researching it, i've read mostly good things about it.
I have not read much about using it on a quad though. I figured that having a yfz450, this would be the perfect forum to ask.

Has anybody used Seafoam on their quad? If so, what results did you get and what recommendations do you have for somebody that wants to try it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i've just heard good reviews about it so i was trying to get feedback on exactly that question, what parts to use it on.

·
Registered
642 Posts
If you read the directions on the can, you can use it in the oil, gas, or vacuum lines. I would recommend if you use it in the oil to change it shortly thereafter. In the gas, it works like any other engine cleaner.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Knaffie,

That's what i've read, i guess it's made out of 100% petroleum so it shouldn't hurt the Gas, & the oil should be changed not long after applying the Seafoam.

So you've used it on a quad before... Have you noticed a difference after using it? If you use it on everything you own, i imagine it works. You haven't had any problems after using the stuff?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Never an issue with it. Its fun when you suck in the vacuum lines on your vehicle and it puffs out white smoke for like 10 minutes afterwards. I guess one potential issue is if you don't use it regularly and your engine is really dirty, I've had it foul out plugs and oxygen sensors. But that's just because its doing what its supposed to and flushing all that w00ter out of the engine. Keep it clean and use it regularly and you won't have an issue.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
A buddy of mine uses it in his banshee about once a year. He pulls his K&N off and just slowly dumps it into the intake boot. It makes a TON of smoke but it always feels like his banshee picks up about 5 horse after he uses it lol! I would use it to but it seems like I'm replacing a piston every year anymore so whats the point.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
i use engine flush in my oil. Its called Gunk Engin Flush. Its a really strong alcohol. Ive heard that if you out a little bit of deisel fuel in your oil and let it run for a while you actually get chucks of oil sludge come out when you drain your oil. A few of my frends use it and they swear by it. Also pretty cheap if you own a deisel pickup

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
QUOTE (patterson450 @ Feb 20 2009, 10:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=748906
I don't know about having diesel fuel on the clutches. Kinda curious about this seafoam stuff though.[/b]
you dont ride around, that will really screw it up. Just let it run for a while.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts