YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been to the El Cajon track? I haven't yet, just found out that they let quads run on Monday nights. Would be interesting to get a group together and meet up. There's a nice pic of the track on their website.

http://www.elcajonmx.com/home.asp

·
Registered
134 Posts
It's a jolly good time! Until the 30+year old veteran 2 wheelers come flying over your head on the tripples :O

·
Registered
23 Posts
El Cajon Motocross Park is awesome.
Especially on the YFZ. It handles the Whoops, Jumps Turns, Step ups, Step Downs with eaze!
The also change the track pretty often, so it doesn't get boring. I ride the YFZ and My 01 YZ250 there as often as I can.
But not this weekend, I'm headed for the dunes.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YZF4RB, what are the requirements for riding there? I know the general stuff, DOT helmet and Boots. What about the bikes? Are nerfs required? What area of lakeside are in? Anywhere near Lakeside Farms/Eucalyptus Hills?

As far as 30+ vets, well hell yeah. If they can fly over me with out leaving tire tracks on my helmet then it all good...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Merriman and I used to go there every monday for a while. We would meet alot of family and friends down there to ride, I no longer can because of school but I think that my brother still goes. Its alot of fun, you have to pay a 20.00 membership fee that pays for the medics etc. and its only 20.00 to ride, from 5pm to 9pm. 4 hours doesn't sound like much but its alot when your track ridin. I think all you need to ride there is a helmet and a membership card. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Originally posted by Amergin@Feb 19 2004, 08:38 AM
YZF4RB, what are the requirements for riding there? I know the general stuff, DOT helmet and Boots. What about the bikes? Are nerfs required? What area of lakeside are in? Anywhere near Lakeside Farms/Eucalyptus Hills?

As far as 30+ vets, well hell yeah. If they can fly over me with out leaving tire tracks on my helmet then it all good...
Yeah Amergin,

Requirements for EC Motocross track are:
Helmet, Boots - Recommend Chest and knee Protection
IMSA card - One time $20.00 fee - covers medical insurance for you and the track.
Riding Fee - $20.00
No flags, lights, knerf bar requirements. The serious guys strip off lights and all other extra weight, but not required.

Track is fun. Lately they have been doing more tables and progressive stuff so that regular people and Pro's can both have challenging rides.
Like someone said, it's 4 hours, but on a full on motocross track, that's plenty of time. Fast guys will ride 20 hard laps then rest. I do as many as I can. :ihit And it's not just the 30+ 2-Wheelers that are flying, some of the quads get major air. But like you say, no tracks on my helmet yet. It's a lot of fun. :lol

Yeah, I'm just down the road from Lakeside elementary. Pinery grove developement, where the christmas tree farm used to be. Test out the bikes at the sand pits, but have to keep an eye out for the law.
Yeah, I'll probably go down to EC MX track next monday. Lets go riding. 8)

BTW - Thanks for all the technical help. YFZ is ripping with the pipe, filter and "JETTING" dialed in. Actually the jetting wasn't as bad as I thought. Turns out, that I was hitting the rev limiter during street test, thinking the main jet was wrong. Proven at Buttercup this last weekend, that she is very very happy, and fast as heck too! :rock

1 - 7 of 7 Posts