YFZ Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...

went and saw the TRX today at the local dealer. Just wanted to give a break down on my first impression of it. First, it looks better in person. I like the Red and black color scheme. The hood needs replaced, but other than that the plastic is nice. Second, the frame looks like bigger tubing than the YFZ, with less cross braces and tie togethers. Third, THE SEAT IS NO BETTER THAN THE YFZ IMO. Please stop saying it is. The front end is LIGHT! the weight of the engine is further back than the yfz, so I would imagine with some mods you would have to ride the tank a lot to keep the front end down. The ergos still feel a little low for me. I would have to put new bars on it as well. Easy to kick? Please. I weigh 200 pounds and it felt stiff to me. One guy was there today pickin his up and the salesman told me that he couldn't kick it over enough to start it. I guess the guy was only about 140 pounds, but still. One thing that really puzzled me was the lack of travel on the back shock. It felt mushy, and like it didn't move anywhere close to what the yFZ did. Maybe just my imagination. It looks like it will be a good machine, some of the welds looked a little questionable, but all in all it looked ok. Still Like my YFZ better

Maxx

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hopefully I'll see some out at Pismo this weekend and be able to give you a report when I get back.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Clicking around the off road forums, everyone has a dyno test compairing the two quads from different sources.

Some dyno tests posted put the Yamaha on top, others the Honda.

The only significant difference I see is the electric start, and Hondas past 5 year reputation for missed welds on the frame.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by yfz450 kid@Feb 10 2004, 06:00 AM
Hondas past 5 year reputation for missed welds on the frame.
yea but 400exs have never had frame problems like the z400 and some of the yfz's we have seen already.

yes, i thought the seat was hard too, but it is not hard to kick at all. i dont know what that salesman is saying....it might have already had the hrc kit in - they are harder to kick after that due to more compression.

·
Registered
479 Posts
my friend is most likely getting a honda trx over the yammi, just cause i have it, then we can switch :lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
Im not ancious to see the TRX I dont even want to ride it cause I have a YFZ that already smokes it..... I heard Tim Farr is havin problems.......it is ugly the bumper is too far from the plastic........I could see them a lot when their behind me eatin my dust during a race

FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS RID HONDAS :bawl BY YAMAHA :angry :rock

·
Registered
27 Posts
I sat on the trx and it felt like it was made for a bigger rider. I think that it compares to the z400 in size. The yfz has a much better feel but looking foward to comparing the two on the track :yfz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts