YFZ Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help on sand tires. Should I buy 8 or 10 inch rims with 20" tires? What is a good cheaper tire to go with? Im going to neveda to visit my brothers and they have a place with sand dunes and they told me to get a set of paddles. I will only be there a week and don't want to spend alot of money. Most of the riding I do is just mostly trail and alittle track. If you guys can help me out that would be cool. THANKS!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by 04YFZcoolguy@Sep 22 2003, 01:32 PM
Need some help on sand tires. Should I buy 8 or 10 inch rims with 20" tires? What is a good cheaper tire to go with? Im going to neveda to visit my brothers and they have a place with sand dunes and they told me to get a set of paddles. I will only be there a week and don't want to spend alot of money. Most of the riding I do is just mostly trail and alittle track. If you guys can help me out that would be cool. THANKS!
What's your budget? I've got a barely used set of 20-10-8 on douglas .160s w/ (8) paddle Skat Trak extremes I could have shipped to your bro's house or yours. Brand new they're ~ $230 from rocky mountain. I've decided I like my 21-12-8s. Absolutely nothing wrong w/ this setup as far as what you'll use them for.

If you're interested, let me know via PM and I'll provide pics.

·
Registered
634 Posts
If you have a YFZ and you are going to ride in sand, please go for the scat tracks. that post just above is a very good addle and price with rims, and the haulers are the only thing I would ever put on the quad, they make a LOT of difference, otherwise just let some air out and run your stockers if you can not afford anything like that, youll do ok actually. there are no dunes in nevada you cant go up with stock tires but you wont nearly have the fun as if you get haulers. and I know, once you ride sand, you are going to be riding sand alot more in the future.
so get a good set and dont be sorry about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts