YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to this site. I was thinking about doing the cam work that is done on the site in the reviews. I just wanted to know what the pros and cons are if I do the mod. Is there anything bad about doing this mod or any other changes that need to be done to make it work. I was going to do it friday the 12th. If anyone can help me out I would be greatful. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
The only thing that I notice with my bike after the Cam mod was that it seemed to lag just a little bit when starting it. As if it had more compression and the starter was working a little harder to turn it over. But it has always started right up, like normal after the that bit of lag. I noticed a pretty good increase with the cam mod, air box lid removal, taking the pea shooter out of the exhaust and re-jetting. Depends on your use for the bike though. I race it, and ride dunes with it so the more power the better. If you need more reliability you may want to think about it before doing it because with the current starting issues that this bike has, the cam mod does not improve the situtation. Alot of us that race, and that are trying to save weight will be switching to the Kick starter as soon as it is made available, and our starting issues should then be obsolete. Hope I helped some in your decession.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up! I don't think the starting problem will be all that bad as long as it works. I have never had a problem with it starting before.I have already taken the "plug" out and the air box lid off do you think it needs to be jetted or will it be ok? Can I run it without the jet kit and not hurt anything or is it to lean? Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
you can remove the cork from the exhaust without rejeting but if you remove the airbox lid, or drill holes in it, you need to rejet. which i plan to do this weekend, thanks to all the help i got from this site. i suggest you read all the posts you can on this site. youll find alot of questions answered before you think to ask. :yfz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts