YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, edited this post to make it more uderstandable... the issue I'm having is something electrical because I had this same issue coincidently the same day my crank locked up, I thought it was shutting off randomly because the crank bearing was getting hot and locking the motor up, because it would start again if you let it sit for 10 minutes, but it would only run for a minute or two then die out. I put a new motor in that I know for a fact ran when pulled. And I'm having the same issue as before. The quad starts when it wants to... it doesnt matter if you kick it 10 times or 100 times iti will randomly start and run for 10 seconds then die. It has to be electricl, so far I have replaced the coil and the problem is the same, what else would cause this? cdi? Voltage reg ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried switching the ground too, same thing.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
wasnt it grouding on the frame or something last time?

just thinkin out loud...

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was a few times back, I think your thinking about the time my clutch cable was touching the positive on the starter, for that reason and a bunch more thats why i went to kick.. still having problems. I'm going to try bump starting it later.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, bump started it today, at first it woudlnt want to run then it slowly started to run better and now it has gotten to the point where it idles and revs fine but seems SUPER lean , it has a 173 jet in it I believe, which yea I know is super lean, I am going to throw a 180 and 1 185 in it tomorrow, finally getting all the bugs worked out of this.. and it is still kinda hard to start it has to have the perfect kick but I think I'm figuring it all out, just needed to be bump started after sitting for 6 months I guess..

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (SEYama450 @ Feb 24 2009, 07:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=750329
Try cutting the TORS wires. After you cut the two wires, strip the ends, and crimp them together.[/b]
Well somehow the problem went away, my quad is known for breaking the fixing itself... now its just a pain in the butt to start , gotta kick the piss out of it... but when I will splice the tors together, thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
YES im sure the tube was it- 90% sure. when the tube is plugged, then when you start it, the pressure in the tank become not enough for the carb to get enough gas, then it stalls. 10 mins later when air has seeped in, it starts again, but stalls in a few.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts