YFZ Central banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what’s up guys! I picked up an 05 about 2 weeks ago from a guy who had said the clutch basket he had in it before had exploded it was an aftermarket wiseco basket.. anyways the case was good so I put all new oem stuff back in and put it together but couldn’t get it to start so I checked the usual.. 1. Carb fully rebuilt 2. Spark put new plug and checked it for spark. Then went on to check timing and when I set the motor to top dead center I noticed the dots on the gears lined up with the case but on the inside and the lobes were facing each other, so I took it all out and setup so they matched up with the outside of the gear and the lobes facing away from each other.. now I’m having an issue where the tires will only spin in reverse.. what the f is going on…

· Registered
16 Posts
Did you line the fly wheel up on the single line after the 2 lines that are connected and when you set the cams in they both have 2 dots on each so one dog faces up and the other is lined up with the case I’d also see how the valve are the intake should be 0.04 to 0.06 exhaust should be 0.08 to 0.10

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I lined up the flywheel third line not the “H” with the case and set the dots according to the manual… my thought now is could I be on the wrong top dead center? What is making the tires spin in reverse?

· Registered
16 Posts
Yes I lined up the flywheel third line not the “H” with the case and set the dots according to the manual… my thought now is could I be on the wrong top dead center? What is making the tires spin in reverse?
I’m not sure on why it would be spinning the tires in reverse. Is it spring them in reverse with the starter

· Registered
16 Posts
When you re did the cams you pretty much re set we’re tdc compression stroke is so you should be ok on that

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also the valve cleanse was good.. I haven’t pulled the starter to see which way it’s spinning but the clutch basket is spinning towards the rear wheels when cranking

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Right exactly lol it makes no sense… I saw some people in a forum saying the timing could be 180 degrees off and that would cause it but I could swear I did the timing right… I guess there’s always a chance it does matter which tdc you were at but idk

· Registered
16 Posts
Right exactly lol it makes no sense… I saw some people in a forum saying the timing could be 180 degrees off and that would cause it but I could swear I did the timing right… I guess there’s always a chance it does matter which tdc you were at but idk
Being 180 out would just cause it not to start now make the tires sipping the wrong way I’d put it in gear and put a socket on the crank and turn it counter clockwise see if your tires spin the right way. You could have a bad flywheel key might be what’s throwing the timing off

1 - 17 of 17 Posts