YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i just bought a set of paddles for mine for this winter as we have alot of snowmobile trails around. but the snow all melted befor i could try them out. i am wondering if anybody has used paddles in the snow on anything and how they worked??? i'm thinking they will be the ticket but....who knows. i have a baldwin pipe and jet kit, cam mod and pro intake. so im thinknig that'll be able to spin them without to much effort...... any thoughts would be cool... march is coming soon.. so see you all at platika!!!! later. crash

ride hard, fast and free!! :rock

·
Registered
834 Posts
I tried mine and they worked fine. They work better in the sand, but soooo much better than stock or mud tires in snow.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ439@Jan 10 2004, 06:24 PM
HW, you get snow down your way?
We have to go looking for it, but the mountain got 3" of powder this year. I ran the paddles on my 400EX a few years back and it was a blast. You can throw mean snow roosters and carve corners. You can get stuck though if it is deep enough.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hey, I live in Spokane Washington, and ride in snow quite a bit. What I ended up getting are the "Pure sport" "realiters" They work great. They are actually meant for the snow/mud. They have pretty large paddles down the center, and little ones on the sides. You can reverse them for really great performance. It really "cups" the snow, and throws it everywhere. I love them, and I get aroudn pretty dang good.
What also helps is having the a-arm skidplates as well, the quad almost glides across the snow, works great!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts