YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rpm has the best steering stem on the market period. unlike other stems where anti vibe grommets are mounted straight up and down rpms are laid back at about a 45 degree pitch (dont be alarmed they still managed to have the bars in the same position but by laying the anti vibe back it allows the bars to move up and down just enough to help when you :uhoh short a jump intallation was a snap with excellent fit and finish and they are very durable brit threw his 450 off the track down about a 90 foot hill flipping all the way an it survived unscathed :woo

·
Registered
287 Posts
Originally posted by redheadedstranger16@Feb 22 2004, 11:07 AM
rpm has the best steering stem on the market period. unlike other stems where anti vibe grommets are mounted straight up and down rpms are laid back at about a 45 degree pitch (dont be alarmed they still managed to have the bars in the same position but by laying the anti vibe back it allows the bars to move up and down just enough to help when you :uhoh  short  a jump intallation was a snap with excellent fit and finish and they are very durable brit threw his 450 off the track down about a 90 foot hill flipping all the way an it survived unscathed :woo
:O

90 foot hill? That Brit dude sounds like a terrible rider and a little out of control.

Serioulsy though, I expected the stem to be trash, but it was in absolutely perfect condition. I couldn't believe it. Both bumpers were bent, broke levers, bent bars down, etc, but not the RPM stem. Then I sold it to redheadedstranger16. :rock

I went with a +2. The one I sold was a +1. My height, combined with the lower profile bars makes the +2 fit really nicely.

See pictures here: MansellRacing.com.

.brit

·
Registered
302 Posts
I got the +2 anti vibe rpm stem and its the best stem iv ever used. RPM makes great products. Little pricey for some other products though

·
Registered
117 Posts
I am not really up on the 411 on stearing stems, but I thought that the anti vibration was rubber bushings underneath the handlebar clamp. Do thes stems have that set up as well ? Or is it strictly the angle of the stem? Arm pump is a problem I cant shake. Do these stems include the handle bar clamp?
What do you guys think about there A arms?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes the RPM stems have the rubber isolators just lkis other stems the angle of the mounts just make them work 100% betteri am not sure if they come with the clamp or not . From everything ive heard their arms are awesome. I have done a little checking aruond and i think i am going to run RPM arms and have Derisi redo my frt shocks. Brit can answer any Ques you have about their A arms he has them on both his 450s

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. I am going to order the stem+ clamp tommorow.Its to trick not to. I really wan't Roll design Lobo 2 A arms with Elka Piggy backs, but 2800. is alot for the front end. I am also going with a Dominator axle and LRD slip on pipe. Can't wait to have all this stuff on my YFZ! :rock

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I also run a +2 RPM stem with my PRo Taper bars....the antivibe is awesome.....not something you would normally think might make a difference....but after you have one on your quad, you will never ride without one again!! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts