YFZ Central banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RPM Steering Stem with arm pump reducing anti-vibe clamp.

This thing is really trick and a great application of technology.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
is it bent or made like that?...... if its made like that.... that thing looks friggin awsum..... wats it cost?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by YFZ_53@Nov 16 2003, 08:38 PM
is it bent or made like that?...... if its made like that.... that thing looks friggin awsum..... wats it cost?
It is made like that to help with arm pump.

If you think about it, the stems with the vertical rubber anti-vibe mounts don't really work with the rider. When do you push horizontally on handlebars? The RPM setup actually lets the rubber work in the direction of the force being applied.

The retail price is $229.95. Call RPM and ask for Jeremy if you're interested. Tell him you saw the pictures that I posted on YFZCentral.com. Their number is (928) 771-9363. If you have a blue YFZ, go for the blue-vein powder coat. It matches really well.

.brit

·
Registered
921 Posts
damn that is awsome love it, it it like 1inch higher an one inch back? what do i ask for when i call em?? thanks so much brit :yfz

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Sick4Fitty@Nov 17 2003, 05:21 AM
it looks odd....looks like my bent stock stem.....hows it work? do you like it?
I like it a lot. I wouldn't have anything else on any of my quads.

When I was running a vertical stem I would usually get a small amount of arm pump during practice. That doesn't happen anymore. Plus, it feels very sturdy throughout the entire race.

.brit

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by yfzthumpa@Nov 17 2003, 05:33 AM
damn that is awsome love it, it it like 1inch higher an one inch back? what do i ask for when i call em?? thanks so much brit :yfz
Just tell them you want a stem for the YFZ. All of their new YFZ stems will feature this design.

It's not actually one inch back. I know it looks that way in the pictures, and it actually looks that way in person. But if you look closely enough and at the right angle, you'll notice that the bars are still directly above the stem; just as they would be with a vertical mount system. The only difference is how the angle of this design allows the force to be applied in the correct direction.

I would definitely recommend a "+1" if you plan on running the dirt bike bend "fat bars". Some of the taller riders, like myself, will probably feel more comfortable with a +2.

Again, if you call RPM, please mention my name. I get a good pat on the back for letting you guys know about this stuff.

.brit

·
Registered
261 Posts
Originally posted by Brit Mansell+Nov 17 2003, 05:49 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Brit Mansell @ Nov 17 2003, 05:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--yfzthumpa@Nov 17 2003, 05:33 AM
Just tell them you want a stem for the YFZ. All of their new YFZ stems will feature this design.

It's not actually one inch back. I know it looks that way in the pictures, and it actually looks that way in person. But if you look closely enough and at the right angle, you'll notice that the bars are still directly above the stem; just as they would be with a vertical mount system. The only difference is how the angle of this design allows the force to be applied in the correct direction.

I would definitely recommend a "+1" if you plan on running the dirt bike bend "fat bars". Some of the taller riders, like myself, will probably feel more comfortable with a +2.

Again, if you call RPM, please mention my name. I get a good pat on the back for letting you guys know about this stuff.

.brit [/b][/quote]
Brit who? Just kiddin' man. Hey, I've got one of these also and I love it! I actually had mine before .brit :lol You guys should the RPM Cyclone hubs on the front end of this thing. .brit, do you have them on yours yet? Oh wait a minute. No you don't ;) :lol :blah

.fred

·
Registered
921 Posts
sweet thanks for quick reply, im only 5'10'' so im ganna get the plus one with protapers bars crhighbend,love the way they look, i cant imagine what they wil look like on the bike with the new stem, cant wait :yfz

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by yfzthumpa@Nov 17 2003, 07:16 AM
sweet thanks for quick reply, im only 5'10'' so im ganna get the plus one with protapers bars crhighbend,love the way they look, i cant imagine what they wil look like on the bike with the new stem, cant wait :yfz
Sounds good. Let me know how it turns out.

.brit

·
Registered
570 Posts
Do they have a web site? I would be interested in one also. Do you know what colors they come in? Can you get them in crome? Thanks.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Crash929@Nov 17 2003, 10:01 AM
Do they have a web site? I would be interested in one also. Do you know what colors they come in? Can you get them in crome? Thanks.
Crash,

Try http://www.team-rpm.com.

As for the colors, they will powdercoat almost any color. The chrome is on a "per part" basis. You will have to talk to Jeremy and see if they will do a chrome stem one for you. The acid used for chroming is harmful to the metal, and especially harmful to the welds. That's why they're a little hesitant to do it on some things.

.brit

·
Registered
570 Posts
Originally posted by Brit Mansell+Nov 17 2003, 10:21 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Brit Mansell @ Nov 17 2003, 10:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Crash929@Nov 17 2003, 10:01 AM
Crash,

Try http://www.team-rpm.com.

As for the colors, they will powdercoat almost any color. The chrome is on a "per part" basis. You will have to talk to Jeremy and see if they will do a chrome stem one for you. The acid used for chroming is harmful to the metal, and especially harmful to the welds. That's why they're a little hesitant to do it on some things.

.brit[/b][/quote]
Cool, thanks for the quick response.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Originally posted by Brit Mansell@Nov 17 2003, 04:15 AM
The retail price is $229.95. Call RPM and ask for Jeremy if you're interested. Tell him you saw the pictures that I posted on YFZCentral.com. Their number is (928) 771-9363. If you have a blue YFZ, go for the blue-vein powder coat. It matches really well.

.brit
I called today to get mine and its 300.00 witht he anti.vib Part :cry
I was hoping it was only 229.00....... :blah

1 - 17 of 17 Posts