YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got to ride a yfz around a track tonite. :rock My neighbor is having a guy build him a quad tt track right next to his motocross track, and the guy building it brought a nice red/white yfz with him to try out on the track. It was stock except the pea shooter was removed. He let me take it for a couple laps while he was playin with the dozer and here are a couple of my thoughts on it:

Yes, it seems to be geared a bit high in first gear but I didn't stall it like some have. I think it's something you would get used to though. Once you get on it, hang on. It really moves for a stock bike. The handling was very good as well. Just about as good as my widened and lowered 400. I didn't jump it for fear of breaking someone else's bike, but it felt light and he sure was sailing it with ease. I came away impressed with the power like I thought I'd be, and felt yamaha really built a great machine. I look forward to getting mine next spring.

·
Registered
3 Posts
sounds like this bike is bad ass im sure if you just lower the sprocket a tooth or two you wouldnt have a problem. i sat on one the other day the only thing i didnt like is the seat but i thought the suspension would help out for that.
im trying to sell my blaster for one right now. cant wait to try one out though.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I have an '01 Raptor and the first gear on that is so high. My Raptor has no lowend torque. It just wants to keep picking up speed... I know 02 they changed the gearing but I love my YFZ for hillclimbing and low end torque through the woods WAY more than the Raptor. My 01 raptor just wants to go go go no low end torque. I have rode an 03 raptor w/ the new gearing and did notice how his first gear was.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts