YFZ Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
stock offset on our YFZ wheels is front 3+2 and rear 4+5.......meaning first number is the inside (hub side) and the last is the outside (lug nut side).... having said that....
I want to gain a little width by using offset wheels.. gonna get some ITP T-9's (.190) for the front and rear...
Am I correct in thinking I can gain some width by going 2+3 up front and 3+6 out back???????? I'm sure that the fronts will gain 1" per side.... just wanted to verify the same for the rear...... Let me know oh wise and generous ones............... THanks
Joe

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Yes you are correct. Just turn your front rims around...butttt they will not be as strong and you chance bending/breaking something. Instead of buying new rims, you could also look at getting wheel spacers. I suggest the ones that are all one piece and not the 4 individual lugs.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I had mine flipped for a day and didn't really like it. It pushed in the corners and was much harder to turn. I think the front wheels are 5.5" wide? At least that is what I thought it said on them...don't quote me though. I was at 49 1/4" with my wheels flipped around if I am remembering correctly, so that would make it 1.5" wider per side when you flip them around right?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bunker,
i would consider the spacers but I've yet to see anything but 1.5" up front and about 2.5" at the rear.... I would do spacers if I could get 1" per side front and back.. dont really want to go much wider....
THanks for the input guys..
later
Joe

·
Registered
453 Posts
if you flip the fronts around wont the valve stems hit the brake calliper??

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by yamahauler@Dec 30 2003, 03:59 AM
if you flip the fronts around wont the valve stems hit the brake calliper??
u drill a hole in the other side and plug the first hole..... but neways...... yeh, that would make you one inch wider front and rear...... but do not get wheel spacers...... u will bend your hubs if u do any jumping or any fast trail riding (from hitting roots and stuff)...... and do not turn ur front rims around..... it is a waste of time..... it puts more pressure on ur balljoints, ur tierod ends, makes it push, and makes it harder to turn........ the offset wheels would be the best option IMO.... well thats my .02

1 - 11 of 11 Posts