YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there was a big difference in stators. I got to get a new stator for my yfz450 carb. I can't see a difference besides the fact that the trailtech is more pricey? Your thoughts?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the only reason i ask this is because i got to get a new stator to power my ddm tunning hid lights that i bought. The lights are draining my battery and i am dying out in the middle of the sand dunes. NO GOOD

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I recommend Trail Tech.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I wouldnt buy a water bowl for my dog from ricky stator if they made them. Their stators are junk now. Used to be good, not any more. I went through 3 units on a banshee before i finally gave up and had one custom rewound by a guy i know. Absolute chinese made junk now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
look up RMSTATORS , I have a couple of their stators,, great to deal with also,, customer service is also great!!! only place I will buy from now,,,

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's nice to not have to worry about having the stupid lights on all the time. You will have to remove a few pins from the connector and connect a splice point, but all simple to do.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought a RM stator for my 05 YFZ and I couldn't get it to work with my bike for some reason. After 3 dead batteries and numerous calls to their tech shop, I finally took it to my local shop. They also couldn't figure out why it didn't work. I gave up and bought a Ricky Stator and it worked fine.

I can say that RM has great customer service because I told them about my situation and they sent me a new stator, even though it was almost a year over the warranty. The new stator also didn't work with my YFZ. I told them how I purchased a Ricky Stator and that it worked, RM told me to send my stator kit back to them, which I did, and they gave me a refund. Not $150 refund but $112, which is great because they didn't have to do anything because it was about 8 months over the warranty.

The reason why I went with RM in the first place is because their stator is 140 watts. On Ricky Stator's website they say theirs is only 100 watts. I called Ricky Stator and they say theirs is also rated at about 140 watts but they say 100 on the site to give room for what the radiator fan is gonna use.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a RM stator for my 05 YFZ and I couldn't get it to work with my bike for some reason. After 3 dead batteries and numerous calls to their tech shop, I finally took it to my local shop. They also couldn't figure out why it didn't work. I gave up and bought a Ricky Stator and it worked fine.

I can say that RM has great customer service because I told them about my situation and they sent me a new stator, even though it was almost a year over the warranty. The new stator also didn't work with my YFZ. I told them how I purchased a Ricky Stator and that it worked, RM told me to send my stator kit back to them, which I did, and they gave me a refund. Not $150 refund but $112, which is great because they didn't have to do anything because it was about 8 months over the warranty.

The reason why I went with RM in the first place is because their stator is 140 watts. On Ricky Stator's website they say theirs is only 100 watts. I called Ricky Stator and they say theirs is also rated at about 140 watts but they say 100 on the site to give room for what the radiator fan is gonna use.
Just had the same issue with an RM Stator. I picked up Ricks Motorsports stator and it has worked great.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I know old ass thread but i had a couple questions

So are ricky stator and trail tech the only ones that do a dc conversion?

So rm stator and others are just more wattage 140 as opposed to the 100 watts ricky and trail tech claim but will still give you charging issues and have to keep the lights on?

I want to run an led bar on my handlebars and possibly keep the stockers with HID conversions. Would the 100 watt kits be enough or should i look into the bigger non dc stator ones? I would just need to keep the stockers on all the time and run the lightbar off a relay and switch to the battery

1 - 20 of 26 Posts