YFZ Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on racing MX and TT next season. Wider a-arms and axle are a must. Can't decide if I should send my shocks to Derisi to get revalved or should I spend the money on LT a-arms and LT Elka's. Any thoughts?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
If money is no option, I would go with the LT set-up. If money is an issue then the Derisi rebuild is an excellent option.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I have stated this on here several times. so sorry if everyone is tired of seeing it. My DeRisi rebuild on my YFZ feels much better than my Elka long travel set up I had on my EX. also My elka's has to be sent back 3 times for them to even come close to getting it right. DeRisi was right on the first time!

·
Registered
14 Posts
YA i have to agree with gnccer. as soon as i get my yfz450 im sending the shocks off to derisi and gettn the pro millenium kit. i know one kid that rides them on hes yfz and he likes them. i cant wait to run mine. i have heard lots of good rumors about derisi.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
i would say long travel...... im not being mean..... but long travel is always better than standard travel IMO....... u just get more travel out the shock and it makes the valving much easier to fine tune for you weight/riding style etc. i would go with PEP or TCS if you go with shocks though. I got elkas once and my valving was a little stiff. TCS is supposed to be plusher at slow speeds because of it not being as aggressive as PEP or Axis or something IMO. Just my .02

·
Registered
205 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but if you get them rebuilt then you won't be able to adjust the ride height for TT. If you get ZPS on the front then maybe but they will still not have the adjustability of a PEP or TCS.

·
Registered
869 Posts
With the pro millinium kit you can set it up pretty darn low. actually lower than you can with the stock set up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts