YFZ Central banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just added a gyt complete header and muffler system plus jet kit,and it just seems like the rev limiter comes on to soon, did not even notice it with the stock set up. is there something wrong? :(

·
Registered
625 Posts
It is not your rev limiter.
It will be your jetting.
Let us know your elevation & current setup?

Geoff.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It could very well be your rev limiter. The more you mod the quicker you'll hit the rev limiter. Make sure you're jetted correctly like Aussie mentioned. If you run with the lid off and plan on doing the cam mod you'll definately want to consider the 15 tooth sprocket. For the sand it almost becomes mandatory.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Reddog
what elevation are you running at and what jetting did you install ? Still have the air box top on? Done the cam mod yet?

·
Registered
77 Posts
ok the baffel is pulled outt mine...now say i get the cam mod...what jet kit should i get??...and why the 15 tooth sprocket

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Originally posted by TwiZteD@Oct 9 2003, 10:41 AM
ok the baffel is pulled outt mine...now say i get the cam mod...what jet kit should i get??...and why the 15 tooth sprocket
And if u get a 15 tooth front sprocket. What do u do to the rear?...i know u need to change the front too :what

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Yeah, oops, *fixed*Which sprocket should i get thats gonna last a while and is a good sprocket?

·
Registered
625 Posts
In theory a bigger front sprocket will slow down acceleration, but will give you more time in each gear.
I feel the 15 suits the bike better especially since I've raised the rev limit to 11700 with the vortex cdi.

Geoff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok here is the goods 168 ,45 pilot ,3 clicks, 2.5 turns no box lid ,and 400' above sea level gyt-r pipe and header ,no cam mod yet plus a dsp. ok all that being said i ride only xc and if i short shift the first 3 gears it is alright so gearing up is somethig i do not want to do as it makes it hard to ride in the tight stuff and hard on the clutch. since a month has gone by, since my first post and no feed back till now i just thought every thing was normal and it was just me who had to adjust my need for speed i think it is ok as the plug reading seems alright . i will watch for replys to this post and see what you guys think thanks :|

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Reddog

I just also installed a full GYTR carbon system with head pipe and I have the GYTR filter with lid off and GYTR jet kit.

I ran today a 45 pilot, 168 main, 4 th clip position and 2 3/4 turns on the mix.

If I go up to the 3rd mine also feels like I'm hitting the limiter but in reality it is lean.

I went back on forth from the 3rd to 4th to 5th and back. It ran best on the 4th.

You may want to try this if you have the opportunity.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts