YFZ Central banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if there is a way 2 adjust the rev limiter without having 2 buy a new 1?

please put your input

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
you might be able to drill the stock box....i know you can on the 400ex...i dont see why you couldnt for the yfz...

i wouldnt suggest doing it yourself thought...lol :lol

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
You will have to buy an aftemarket CDI box.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Isnt it bad for the motor though?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
No its not bad for the motor. it allows all access to the bikes power through the broad power band by letting the bike rev higher. More RPMs more POWER

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Originally posted by WickedWhite450@Feb 10 2004, 10:07 PM
No its not bad for the motor. it allows all access to the bikes power through the broad power band by letting the bike rev higher. More RPMs more POWER
not neccesarily. most quads, unless setup specifically for it, lose power as the rpm's rise. up'ing hte rev limiter will improve top speed though.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
you have to get a new cdi box... alba sells one that bumps up your rev limit by 1000 rpms..for 199.00

or you can get a GYT-R box from Bob at Magnolia for 179.00 shipped.

·
Registered
274 Posts
i have heard rumors about some of the dirtbike guys with the yz450f that they can simply clip a "grey" wire and the rev limit will be eliminated so you can rev to the moon. but i dont know how this will effect the ignition curve or if it can simply be done with the quad. is this possible or is it even a good idea?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by DigitMXTracks@Feb 27 2004, 06:15 AM
i have heard rumors about some of the dirtbike guys with the yz450f that they can simply clip a "grey" wire and the rev limit will be eliminated so you can rev to the moon. but i dont know how this will effect the ignition curve or if it can simply be done with the quad. is this possible or is it even a good idea?
THere is no "Grey Wire" mod on the quad

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by bunkerking217@Feb 27 2004, 09:00 AM
can the stock box be drilled?
No.

They make thse changes to the quads like the cam beign advanced because more "normal" folks ride the quads.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
ok sorry. i sent my stock box on my 400ex off to be drilled and it did the same thing as an aftermarket one for less half the cost

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Well, let me say as far as I know from asking a few folks including Dave @ DynaTek the stock box cannot be drilled.

What I say is not always the gospel. (But most of the time :D )

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
thanks anyways man. i might call around to double check...if not, i will buy a new box(not anytime soon i dont think...lol) :lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts