YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain to me the advantage of a rev box. Is it just to over rev, or is this usuable power I might be able to use in a drag or up the hill? :what

·
Registered
122 Posts
My YFZ is still pulling very hard at the stock rev limit, so I would consider any extra revs very usable. I know I could use them.

·
Registered
304 Posts
HEY GUYS I HAVE A REV BOX AND THE ONLY TIME I NOTICE A DIFFERENCE IS WHEN I'M DRAGGING OR STRAIGHT AWAY ON A TRACK. THE EXTRA 1000 RPM IS AWSOME.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sooo,
Nobody knows if the rev box actually provides usable power. By looking at the dynos it looks like the 450 motor hp and torque starts to fall in the really high rpm's. Does the timing get changed a little and actually provide usable power? Somebody has to know...

·
Registered
625 Posts
Guys try here for some info
http://www.vortex-performance.com.au/

I have it but have been injured since I got it ( it made the bike too fast for me) :lol
My mechanic was very impressed with it.

Geoff.

·
Registered
827 Posts
question:

the cdi box allows you to rev higher right? ok.

so doesnt that damage your engine if you keep revving past the stock rev limiter? i mean...the thing rev out to 11k already.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by Mustache Ride@Jan 12 2004, 09:46 PM

so doesnt that damage your engine if you keep revving past the stock rev limiter? i mean...the thing rev out to 11k already.
no, crank your bike up and hold the throttle wide open. if it sputters, get a rev box! :)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yes and that can be changed.

Geoff.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The yz450 revs higher then the yfz, and it has a longer stroke. There is absolutely no reason (in my mind) why the yfz shouldnt beable to safely rev another 1000rpms. Stock rev limiter is at 10,750. I think the stock rev limiter on the yz450 is either 11,500 or 11,250.
I know I need a new cdi. The quad is hitting the rev limiter too fast. Whats funny, is when I first bought the quad (all choked up) I could only get it to hit the rev limiter in 1st gear, now its 1-5!!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Originally posted by 135boom@Jan 17 2004, 06:54 AM
The yz450 revs higher then the yfz, and it has a longer stroke. There is absolutely no reason (in my mind) why the yfz shouldnt beable to safely rev another 1000rpms. Stock rev limiter is at 10,750. I think the stock rev limiter on the yz450 is either 11,500 or 11,250.
I know I need a new cdi. The quad is hitting the rev limiter too fast. Whats funny, is when I first bought the quad (all choked up) I could only get it to hit the rev limiter in 1st gear, now its 1-5!!
I just noticed that today, my new pipe is kick ass! I can hit the rev limiter so much faster and in a lot more gears! I am also now thinking of the CDI box after riding today with the pipe and hitting it so fast and so often, how much is the Vortex, 500?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
You guys should wait till the DynaTek is released, I am testing that box right now ans its great.

Everything is fully programmable, the timing curve, overall advance, rev limit, etc.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I don't think the plugs are the same so it won't work.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Originally posted by Pahrump@Jan 22 2004, 11:48 AM
You guys should wait till the DynaTek is released, I am testing that box right now ans its great.

Everything is fully programmable, the timing curve, overall advance, rev limit, etc.
what do you think it will run pahrump?

andy

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by wildman77+Jan 23 2004, 07:57 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wildman77 @ Jan 23 2004, 07:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Pahrump@Jan 22 2004, 11:48 AM

what do you think it will run pahrump?

andy [/b][/quote]
I think around $400 and should be around late Feb/Mar

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey in the Feb. 2004 issue of DirtWheels, where it advertises Team Factory Suzuki, Yoshimura is supposed to have a rev box out for the YFZ by the end of January with a 12,000 RPM limit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts