YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 YFZ450R. Back in 2011 (after purchasing the machine as a new leftover), I installed a power kit from TQSATV.com that included a DMC Quiet Exhaust and header, MSD blaster, and new airbox filter. It has been a great system but last fall the mount ripped off of the pipe.

DMC has been giving me the runaround since October about a replacement pipe (part number ZZ-25465-04) indicating that they are out of stock and it's always 6 week out. This has been going on for 5 months so I'm now considering alternatives. I do need something quiet enough to pass inspection in WI and MI (silver lake dunes) and I'd rather not have to mess with reprogramming the MSD. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The mount on the can ripped out of the can itself. Can't be fixed - so all I need is the can.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
If the can itself is good if it was me I would take it apart and drill some holes and bolt it up somehow to the existing bracket. Assuming can itself is still good. Use the broken bracket as a guide if possible to secure the pipe to your custom bracket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts