YFZ Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone could help me out with this, i know the nut is reverse thread but other than that what do i have to do to take it off!

·
Registered
297 Posts
there is i think 2 little allen head bolts in the nut to keep it in place, might make sure you got them off if you don't already. i made this mistake when i tried it once...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Might as well just back those grub screws all the way out and dribble some liquid wrench in there if the nut is being troublesome. It's possible to back the grub screws far enough out to crack the nut free, only to have the grub screws drag on the threaded portion of the axle and tear it up. My friend learned that on his nice new raptor.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just make sure to clean the threads off afterwords and throw some weak thread compound or sealant on there upon reassembly.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
yeah, it WOULD seem logical to make it left hand thread... i wonder y they dont...

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
My guess would be because it has the 2 allen screws that keep it from backing off. As long as those are in there and tight, the nut isn't gonna come off. I have seen someone loosen the axle nut without loosening those 2 screws. He didn't know they were there, he just thought the nut was hard to turn. It peeled every one of the threads off the axle. :icon_eek:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
yeah, thats what jimmyhoffa was talking about... i was there... really, i was.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts