YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine has a 400EX and recently removed the choke from his carburetor because he had read on EXRiders that it would give it a bit more snap and power. He claims he can feel a difference, although its a bit harder to start now.

Anyone ever done this on the YFZ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Honda has a true "choke", a butterfly valve that restricts air, causing a richer mixture when closed.

The YFZ has an "enrichener". This does not use a butterfly valve, but rather an extra passage that allows a rich mixture to be introduced when opened.

Still, most people refer to it as a "choke". :)

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by Papa Wheelie@Jan 29 2004, 04:54 PM
The Honda has a true "choke", a butterfly valve that restricts air, causing a richer mixture when closed.

The YFZ has an "enrichener". This does not use a butterfly valve, but rather an extra passage that allows a rich mixture to be introduced when opened.

Hope that helps.
Very good explanation of how the "choke" on the FCR carb works.

And no it will not help with flow at all by removing.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
i agree with pahrump nice post

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by Papa Wheelie@Jan 29 2004, 04:54 PM

Hope that helps.
nice post, I actually learned something today

1 - 7 of 7 Posts