YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 05 YFZ450 rebuilt using wr 450 crank, rod, and piston. New bearings, valves, the works.(major rebuild) It will not start unless roll started and once its warmed up it will start with the starter. And all day after this it will start.I have ridden it for 5 hours since first start and now it doesn't won't to start everytime with the starter even if its warmed up. I've been told that maybe my valves were to tight or maybe my jetting isn't right. It runs like hell though if I roll start it. Mods as follow, powerbomb header, 4.1 fmf, aftermarket cdi, velocity stack intake w/k&n w/sock, yz cam mod, and the oiling upgrade. I believe thats it. I do run 3 gals of race fuel mixed with 2 gals of 93. If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks In advance, Daniel

·
Registered
165 Posts
Have you re-checked the valve clearance? Sounds like they are tight...could be wrong but I would check there first.

What are your carb settings? Just trying to get an idea what you have. I've seen both where it was the valves and the carb.

Once you check get back wiht us and we'll go from there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Could anyone tell me what the clearances need to be on the valves? Thanks,Daniel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts