YFZ Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so from what i understand, if you have this done you basically get a your stock shock rebuilt with new seals, springs(and whatever else...i dunno) by using your stock shock and reservoire.

right?

my buddy was telling me about this and i was interested because he said it would be much cheaper(approx $75 per shock) than buying a full system.

please fill in anything that i may have missed including the whole process, components, and prices.

thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
well for 75 bucks your gonna get new oil, and seals + get your shock re-charged..or at least thats what i charge..new springs are about 75-100 bucks ...i just smoked my front shock i took it back to the dealership where i bought the wheeler and yamaha send me a new one..is your shock blow or do you just want it rebuilt? if you want better preformace out of it you should send it to factory connection in N.H they will re-valve it and make it just how you want ....have you done your race sag? tahst gonna tell you if you need a better spring :sup

·
Registered
869 Posts
I have the DeRisi Racing Millinium Revalve kit in mine. which I beleive consist of New springs and whole new insides. He has his own piston made to allow better oil flow. Basicly this make the shock a whole new shock with nothing stock but the body and shaft. which are both very very good stock. I just ran the TX GNCC where if you read about it you will find out that is was VERY ROUGH to say the least. My shocks soaked up everything great. the rear of my quad actually was kicking up less than the top pro's quads, with high dollar aftermarket shocks on them. Ths kit is quit a bit more than 75 a shock all that will get you is the oil changed! But I beleive this kit is BY far your best bang for your buck!!!!!! It is as good as the aftermarket shocks and it is very resonably priced!!!!

·
Registered
869 Posts
I am not sure on exact price you can get them out at www.derisiracing.com or call santo at 704-538-3512

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
If you're going to have your OEM shocks redone, make sure you're getting a killer deal. I looked into aftermarket ZPS versus OEM-modified for ZPS and found the extra few bucks on the aftermarket would probably be cheaper in the long run.

With aftermarket, you'll always have your oringal shock to fall back on if you need to send the aftermarket shock back for further tuning or repair. If you only have one set of shocks, you're not going to be riding if the shock is out for repair.

When you're done with aftermarket shocks, you can always sell it for roughly half price what you paid for it. If you put hundreds of dollars into your OEM shocks, you kiss it all good bye when you're done with the ATV.

I was also told that some aftermarket shocks have a longer stroke than the OEM ones. This means you add some travel to your stock suspension.

Realize, I was comparing my options for ZPS which might be different than comparing triple rates instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts