YFZ Central banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i got bike rebuilt new piston, clutch,oil mod ,kick start kit. now i have a few questions the bike fired right up probally on the second or third kick. i heat cycled it a few times then went out for a ride it is poping on decel bad and missing all the time but seams to idle fine .
what gives is it because my battery is dead? im wanting to gut my harness but i still need lights and the fan.

·
Registered
297 Posts
most likely need to rejet it, most fourwheelers i have ridden though pop on decel but i guess not really bad

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also did cam mod what would be a good starting point on the carb its got a 45 pilot 168 main 2 turns out and the needle that came with the sparks pipe 3rd clip position

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
OK, it may not be an issue then. But some of the '04 YFZs had bad stators, and I was just wondering if that might be your problem. If the stator was weak, it might not have a strong spark and that could create the miss you were talking about.

I guess it COULD be a problem on the '06s, but I know it was a common problem on early '04s.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i had a 04 and fought stator problems that sucked. i have a new stator and rectifer at home i was going to put on anyway when i gutted my wiring harness this week. im loving the kick start so far. can you give me a answer if run lights with no battery ? ive searched and searched with no exact answer

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
Yep, as far as I know. I have mine down to just what it needs to run, a key, and a tether so I don't really know what to tell you about the fan or lights.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
you need to add in the capactior which i belive ATV inovations can do for you or actually muff can. I run kickstart with the bare min and a fan.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i called them and i was told i cant run lights with out using a battery. is atv innovations and muff the same person

1 - 17 of 17 Posts