YFZ Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im pondering on picking up a YFZ roller to build my wife a custom quad (mainly just look-nice stuff, powdercoating, girly colors, etc). She rides a stock trx450R and is getting good so I want to build something more 'her' style.

The only missing link is no motor..... What is a decent going price for a fresh rebuilt motor? There are a handful of used complete motors on ebay for $1200-$1500 but they dont provide much history.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Typically going to run about $1500 plus or minus. Unfortunately, you cant really tell condition of internals unless it's apart. There was a member here selling a whole engine in the Carb classifieds. Good luck.

·
Registered
151 Posts
For a complete motor with some kind of history behind it, you're looking at close to $2000. I am currently finishing up a fresh build, brand new cases, valves(springs, guides, retainers), high compression piston, cam chain, cylinder, etc. The only thing I'm reusing from the old one is the head(and even that got ported), and outer case and covers. Bearings are all brand new as well, I'd like to get around $2,200 for it... (But I'm open to offers, haha).

There are a lot of them on eBay for 1600 and up but they all look like they're right out of the frame. No word on how new anything is, and most of them will tell you they don't know what the internals look like so you don't know how long it will last.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.