YFZ Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rear elka shock, and during my teardown this week i washed everything in a big tub sink. All i had in the sink was water and a small amount of car wash soap, just to clean things up before i put it back together.

As i was drying off the shock i noticed it was leaking oil. It is coming from the rezzie, behind the adjustment knob. It feels like it is hard to turn the knob in now, but it is easy to turn out.

I called Janssen Motorsports (i know....i dont like them either, but they are local for me) and asked if it would just be a tore o-ring. The told me a part inside is probably bent. Are they pulling my leg to get me to bring it in? Nothing looks bent, and i would think the knob would move if it was bent.

I was going to just buy the complete rebuild kit and have a friend of mine rebuilt it for me. He rebuilds his own axis shocks, and just wanted to make sure that a rebuild would be basically the same from an elka to an axis.

Can a site sponsor hook me up with a full rebuild kit if its doable?

Its a dual rate, compression, rebound, and ride height adjustable. NOT an elite though. For an 07 with elka knuckle and stock link.
Also, i cant find and directions for a rebuild either, anyone know where i could find some?
Thanks in advance.
Craig

·
Registered
950 Posts
That can't be good.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
there is a little grub screw that holds the adjuster knob to the adjuster screw. take the adjuster off and that will give you a better look at what is going on.

as far as i know, there isnt a "kit" available for rebuilding, and if there was it wouldnt cover the adjuster seals most likely.

your best bet is to pull it apart and work out what parts you need and order them from there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
QUOTE (c_olive18 @ Feb 17 2009, 08:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=747720
I have a rear elka shock, and during my teardown this week i washed everything in a big tub sink. All i had in the sink was water and a small amount of car wash soap, just to clean things up before i put it back together.

As i was drying off the shock i noticed it was leaking oil. It is coming from the rezzie, behind the adjustment knob. It feels like it is hard to turn the knob in now, but it is easy to turn out.

I called Janssen Motorsports (i know....i dont like them either, but they are local for me) and asked if it would just be a tore o-ring. The told me a part inside is probably bent. Are they pulling my leg to get me to bring it in? Nothing looks bent, and i would think the knob would move if it was bent.

I was going to just buy the complete rebuild kit and have a friend of mine rebuilt it for me. He rebuilds his own axis shocks, and just wanted to make sure that a rebuild would be basically the same from an elka to an axis.

Can a site sponsor hook me up with a full rebuild kit if its doable?

Its a dual rate, compression, rebound, and ride height adjustable. NOT an elite though. For an 07 with elka knuckle and stock link.
Also, i cant find and directions for a rebuild either, anyone know where i could find some?
Thanks in advance.
Craig[/b]
We have found most leaks are just seal related, if the adjuster knob looks like its been hit, it may be bent and need replaced. we can take care of you either way. We stock all the popular shock rebuild items and can turn a shock build in a day or two if we have the parts.

Let us know if we can help you out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts