YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm waiting on the bolts to mount my rear caliper and rotor but I must be missing something ? There is about a cm gap at least where the rotor will not lign up with the brakes.. it seems if the rotor was on the inside of the hub it would fit.. thank you in advance..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry also there is no way I can go by a parts diagram for this.. I've looked at it 100 times and it does not make sense to me.. all I'm trying to do is lign my brake pads up with the rotor.. if I cant find a solution I'll have to bring my bike to the dealer again so he can tell me I need a new 1 of everything except what i need to fix the actual problem just so he get me to come back again for more $$$

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
There is not much to the rear as far as spacing goes. Are you sure you don't have the wrong caliper or disk hub? As a reference, the only invisible part on the disk side is a spacer washer that would push the rear disk hub over maybe 3/8 of an in closer to the right rear wheel.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is not much to the rear as far as spacing goes. Are you sure you don't have the wrong caliper or disk hub? As a reference, the only invisible part on the disk side is a spacer washer that would push the rear disk hub over maybe 3/8 of an in closer to the right rear wheel.
Yes that must be the part I need.. 3/8 of an inch looks like it would lign it up perfect.. I was just really confused looking at the caliper and all the parts on it from the diagram.. the caliper must be from a different year or quad too because the mounting bolts are way too big to fit the bracket for the caliper.. on my old 400 ex I vaguely remember having a spacer that had big bolts go in 1 side and smaller bolts go in the other side.. do you know the part number of that spacer ? Thanks a lot for this reply too man, this whole brake caliper thing is driving me nuts lol

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Here is an R assemble and a picture of the whole assembly of the R and a regular YFZ.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts