YFZ Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally was able to get my yfz back together after cracking the case a few months ago. While I was at i threw a kick start on it because of the charging problem I couldn’t ever get rid of. My plan is to run without a battery eventually but I just got it put back together and want to make sure it runs first.
My question is can I just take off the switch that attaches to the rear brake pedal and unplug it from the harness? Or do I have splice the wires or something. The switch is in the way of the kickstart and I don’t run a taillight anyway.
does anyone have a wiring diagram for a striped harness. I want to run head lights and that’s it. I would like to remove everything else. Also can I run no battery without a capacitor? The coolant stops pumping after the quad shuts off anyway so I don’t really understand the purpose of the fan staying on after the quad is off some times. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Yes, you can take off that sensor. It just activates your brake light when you hit the brakes.

There are quite a few wiring diagrams floating around on these forums for different setups. Back in the day I just took it all apart and stripped everything off it you don't need by looking at the actual connections. I am not certain about the capacitor but if memory serves me right i believe you need it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really need to find more info about the capacitor. I would like to run no battery but don’t wanna lose my fan. I ride a lot at night and putt around so I don’t think I’ll get the air flow I need to keep it cool.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts