YFZ Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This has been a on going problem and I do as much research as I can before I come to you guys because I know there is so many topics on the bog issue and I cant find the one that relates to my bog. I'm just stuck. But I have a video to show you guys what it is doing.
https://vimeo.com/114250674

In the video you can see how it bogs and gives me a fake rev limiter. Also, I tried turning my head lights to see if it helps in the video as well.

https://vimeo.com/114250877

It almost bogged out on me while coming out of a corner.
My problem only occurs when it is warmed up.
The first few laps it just bogs but not as bad when it is warmed up and it doesn't give me a faulty rev limiter when it is cold. I just rebuilt the top end too.
My jetting is 35 leak jet, 45 pilot, needle 2nd clip from the top, 168 main.
All help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok I finally fixed the sputter. I moved the clip down one on the ncvq needle. So I am now on the 3rd clip from the top.
So my jetting now is at 168 main, 45 pilot, 3rd clip on the ncvq needle, and 35 leak jet. The only problem I have is the bog.

·
Super Moderator
3,149 Posts
Have you tried the zip tie mod?

·
Super Moderator
3,149 Posts
How many turns on the fuel screw?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I think 2 1/2 but it idles so smooth. If I floor it, pull in the clutch and let off the throttle it returns back to idle instantly. I'm not sure if that matters but I do know that it runs awesome all over the throttle positions except for the bog. I know my bog Is fix able because the bog doesn't seem to be as bad as it was before I moved the clip on the needle down a position to the 3rd clip on the NCVQ Needle. But I did mess with A/P timing screw, that's where I think I screwed up. Also, if I'm any gear around half or 3/4 throttle I can nail it with minimum bog, that's without the zip tie mod. So I'm thinking I need to make the pump squirt gas sooner as well as the zip tie mod. I Will do the zip-tie mod when I get home. Ill test it out to see if the bog is gone, getting better, or worse. If it is getting better, I'm assuming I will just have to mess with the A/P pump screw and then it should be pretty much perfect! If It is getting even worse, Ill put the #40 leak jet in to see if it helps.

EDIT: My friend got hit by a car coming out of his trails on his dirtbike I have to go see him in the hospital so I will test everything tomorrow. Sorry about that.

·
Super Moderator
3,149 Posts
You might try turning in the fuel screw and see if it gets better or worse. All bikes are different, mine went from a 48p to a 42p and no change to the leak jet. My boys went from a 48p to a 45p and we pinched the leak jet closed. These changes were done on a Dyno and we have no bog issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.