YFZ Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a Alba exhaust system. Should I buy an aftermarket jet kit? If yes, what kind/brand? Or can I just use the stock jets for when I re-jet after I put the exhaust on?

let me know thanks

·
Registered
946 Posts
Not to be a dick but this question is answered in 100,000 + other topics, please use the search, or just go to the powertrain section and read the pinned topics, thats why they are there.

·
Registered
550 Posts
QUOTE (YFZS=MYBABY @ Feb 18 2009, 04:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=748065
I am getting a Alba exhaust system. Should I buy an aftermarket jet kit? If yes, what kind/brand? Or can I just use the stock jets for when I re-jet after I put the exhaust on?

let me know thanks[/b]
dude ALBA are u serious?????
there are a TON of exhausts out there and thats what u bought.........
LOL jk
ya dude what do u have on the bike?
what jetting are u running now?
all that plays in and u do know u could call alba and ask them for a base line jetting.
luck with that!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (cubanaso @ Feb 18 2009, 09:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=748196
dude ALBA are u serious?????
there are a TON of exhausts out there and thats what u bought.........
LOL jk
ya dude what do u have on the bike?
what jetting are u running now?
all that plays in and u do know u could call alba and ask them for a base line jetting.
luck with that!!![/b]
dude i don't have much money to spend and i researched and found alba is the best for the price...i only have a k and n airfilter and i took out the spark arrestor. Its on the stock jetting right now

·
Registered
550 Posts
i think ur actually running a little lean if u still have stock jetting...
i was just teasing u about the alba bro dont take it to serious.
ur best bet is like i said contact alba and see if they have a baseline jetting for the bike "stock" then buy a few jets up and down fron what they tell u and try 2 see which ones runs the best.
u do know how 2 check ur sparkplug 2 check for rich or lean jetting right?

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
A good basic rule of thumb for jetting: Go up one main jet size from stock for every mod to the exhaust or intake. That merely gets you in the ball park so that you do not melt down an engine.

And you are forgiven for buying an Alba. Long before I even knew this site existed, I bought a Cobra pipe for a Warrior, and a Yoshimura for my YFZ. I knew nothing at the time and was just guessing. Live, read, search and learn, my new motto.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (cubanaso @ Feb 19 2009, 07:30 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=748276
i think ur actually running a little lean if u still have stock jetting...
i was just teasing u about the alba bro dont take it to serious.
ur best bet is like i said contact alba and see if they have a baseline jetting for the bike "stock" then buy a few jets up and down fron what they tell u and try 2 see which ones runs the best.
u do know how 2 check ur sparkplug 2 check for rich or lean jetting right?[/b]

yeah i do.....i think ur right about how im running to lean because my head pipe glows red.........what kind of jet kit do you think i should buy???

·
Registered
432 Posts
The head pipe will always glow because of how thin the pipe is. Check the jetting threads and see if you can find a post that matches your modes and use it as a base line or call Alba and see what they say.

·
Registered
550 Posts
like bowtie said dude it will always glow red.
i would honestly call alba and ask for a basline.
then buy a few sizes up and down and check the spark plug for each and see which looks the best.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Be careful in "just" using the plug to check your jetting, please.......With the additives in the fuel, especially pump gas, the jetting can appear lean, because of all the detergents in the fuel now. I know it is expensive, but if you absolutely want to get a baseline jetting, then dyno it with a good A/F reading on the dyno. I realize not everyone has access to, or can afford the dyno time, but the days of jetting by a plug color alone can be deceiving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts