YFZ Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im new here and i see everyone talking about jetting. my bike is stock except for a popped lid and no sparky what jet setting should i use and which kind do you recomend?

·
Registered
921 Posts
u better rejet asap.... go with 180 main 50 piolt an yz dirt bike needel 2.5 turns this is what im running with all free mods runs aaaaaaaaaaaaaa 11111 :yfz :yfz

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Whooaa, yfzthumpa, that is alittle rich for just those mods.

yfz450guy, me is right you don't need to ride that beastanymore without rejetting, these things are way lean from the factory, and you just made it like 10 times more lean.

Try going to your dealer and buying a 165,168 main, and a 45 pilot should cost you like $7-10 bucks. Take those home and put them in , the pull your stock needle and move the clip down to the 5th spot from the top.

Then set the mixture screw at 2 turns out from seated.

Your quad will run great, but remember if you buy a K&N you will have to go up again on the jets maybe to a 175-18- main and a 48 pilot.

You should also look into doing the cam mod it is free and worth a couple of ponies.

There are a ton of jetting posts on this board do a search and you should be abe to find more info than you can take in in a week... :lol

I have a brand new Alba pipe and Billet adaptor along with the K&N, and proper jets hee if you want it I am selling it for like $75-100 bucks less that Alba and it is all brand new.

Good Luck and Congrats on the new quad :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts