YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
09 yfz450r with clutch noise in basket that only stops when clutch engaged. Had taken cover off and everything looks ok besides slightly worn basket and inner hub but no grooving. The basket has slack left to right, but not in or out that makes the rattling noise. Dont know if it could be worn bearing in hub or deeper tranny problems thats moving. Any input greatly appreciated! Have video but says the file is to large to input.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Post the video on YouTube or Vimeo and send a link. Do you mean side to side movement or rotating movement?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The noise/vibration when running i believe is the inner hub(boss) spinning as you can hear in video. The outer basket has slight movement turning left to right too, not sure which would be considered normal but dont believe the noise while spinning the boss is normal as it sounds like something is loose when nothing appears to be on the outside. Waiting til i have time to pull off and see if i can see anything which i dont think i will. Btw thanks for your input!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And this quad is meticulously cared for practically brand new for being a 09, hardly ridden nor ever taken apart. There are clutch issues as it seems to jerk or not engage smoothly while shifting, hence why im replacing clutch along with the noise. I purchased the quad this way.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Mine does the same for basket movement. If you’re having clutch issues check out the clutch cable and the steels and fibers to see how they all are

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yours makes that noise rotating the inner boss? Can you also hear it at idle/drive? I will be putting new clutch plates in and springs but feel like that noise will still be heard and isnt normal

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Your basket is not doing that. That's the gears bouncing off the dogs.
The outer is the lash in the gears. It all rotates in one direction, you'll never have back and forth like that.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your input sheerider11, thats what i assumed but could those gears be making such a loud loose vibration noise while quad is idling/driving? Then when clutch engaged it stops? I also noticed heavy scratches/rubbing behind the boss on the outer hub is that normal? Btw Basket and boss are smooth and have no grooving just has friction heat marks from the plates.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
09 yfz450r with clutch noise in basket that only stops when clutch engaged. Had taken cover off and everything looks ok besides slightly worn basket and inner hub but no grooving. The basket has slack left to right, but not in or out that makes the rattling noise. Dont know if it could be worn bearing in hub or deeper tranny problems thats moving. Any input greatly appreciated! Have video but says the file is to large to input.
Hey
Hey I am also facing same problem ,the mechanic everything in the clutch is fine ,but I still hear the rattling noise from the clutch and the noise disappears when the clutch lever is pulled. BIKE is R15 v3 bs4 2018 model, I cant post the video it is saying to larger for server

1 - 10 of 10 Posts