YFZ Central banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a rath racing steering stem, and after 4 rides, the stem broke. I sent it back to Rath Racing, and they said they don't warranty their product, and all they can do is sell me one at dealer cost.

I have pictures of the stem which I will post once I get them developed.

For me it is not about the money, I will buy a new stem from someone else. I have never had any problems from lonestar and when my swing arm cracked, they kindly sent me a new one.

I am an honest racer and if I had hit something hard enough to break a steering stem, I would be the first to admit it. I am posting this for people who might care about the money and want to buy a product from a company who will stand behind the items they make.

I don't feel Rath Racing is that type of company. This is just my opinion and others might have had good luck with them. I personally will not buy anything else from them.

The person I race with also bought the same stem and he has no problems with his. I think I was just one of the unlucky ones who got a stem with a problem, and Rath Racing failed to stand behind the products that they make.

$300 is a lot to spend on a steering stem to have it break in 4 races. I bought my LSR in 2000 and I have hit stuff that should have bent, twisted, or broke it and it is still as good as the day I bought it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hmmmm... very interesting... Now lets think about this... Would Yamaha warrenty oh.... I don't know, lets say a broken steering stem? Of course not... I know I tried right after I bent my stock one on my 450. Would the warrenty the sub frame on mine either... of course not. God, I wonder why? Gezz I don't know mabey because I race it and crash every once in a while. Call me crazy but I have heard of aftermarket products breaking... I know, I know... That's crazy talk isin't it! Let's see... I broke my LSR swingarm 1 hour after I put it in my Blaster... AT MY OWN PRACTICE TRACK!!! Warrenty? No. I already have a bent LSR axle in my 450 and I have had in there for... 2 weeks now... (And don't get me wrong I like LSR) I broke 5 250R frames... I've broke just about evrthing you throw my way. It sucks trust me. Dude, stuff breaks, Stock and aftermarket. And not only that but sometimes it dosen't even had to be a hard hit... just in the right stop, you know.. that's all. Ever try to send an axle back to Dura blue? Have fun... I have Daryl's stem in my quad and the last 4 of my quads and I have not bent/broke/twisted/ect. any one of them. Nor, have I broke a frame that gusseted for me, or nerf bars he made for me, or bumper, grab bar, sway bar, case saver, clutch cover. In fact not one of Daryl's products have I broke. I CHOOSE to use Daryl's stuff because I have had very good results from them. You however have not. That's very unfortunate. I'm sorry. But, what would happen if you bring a frame back to Laegers of LRD tell them that yopu broke it? They would laugh at you. So what am I saying after all this mumbo jumbo? I am saying that you just happened to hit it in the right spot more than likely... And I would take him up on the dealer cost stem. It's that or pay another $350 or 375 or what ever from LSR. You said your self, you friend or whatever has one and never had any problems... So... let me ask you again. WHY DID YOUR STEERING STEM BREAK?

·
Registered
341 Posts
I think theres people that are pissed off just because they did't get free chit... I believe a wise man once said " let's think about this... why would you gaurentee something... because they know all they sold you was a gauenteed peice of chit, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it gauenteed, I will. I got some extra time" Wait... that guy died from a coke over dose... mabey not too wise. But at any rate as far as hp between the ktm and the predator... that is not a lie. I have seen the dyno print outs... Do I care how much hp he gets out of the predator... hell no. I want him to get as little out of it as possible because I race against his ass. I assure you that there will be a time that the predator will have the same hp numbers as the ktm. Daryl is a good person who runs a good honest business. I personally did't really like him about 5 years ago. Now, Daryl is honestly one of my best friends/sponsors. And as far why did I not really like him? Because I was too w00ter to talk to him and get to know him. I will put my life on the line that Daryl would never intentionally screw ANYBODY!!! This whole thing is a very unfortunate mishap. Daryl told you what he will do for you... and now thats not good enough. Do you think that he really wants an upset customer? Of course, not get into reality!!! Look I have the same exact stem as you do. And I just crashed mine last week. I flat landed from 40 off the groud, and of course it then fliped and what not. And mine is fine. So tell me WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED???

·
Registered
341 Posts
"When funluckey and I took the stem off, there was a clean break on half of the stem and the metal looked good and the splines weren't twisted. The other side looked like a big carbon deposit and the metal was crumpled to **** and the splines were twisted. Why would only half of the splines twist and the other half be perfect? "

Do you even know what a carbon deposit is? And why is half the splines ok and the other half not. Geez, I don't know probably because half of them are inside a cast knuckle for the tie rods to go on. Call me crazy, but I beleive that would mean that the whole splined knuckel would have to twist also. Did YOU put this stem in?

·
Registered
319 Posts
solution - rpm axle (warranty! no pro rate bullshit like lsr)
steering stem houser- quality product that would take abuse and lots of misuse to break. jansennracing.com also has some nice heavy duty looking ones as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I heard a lot of good stuff about Jansen in other forums as well. Does anyone have a contact number?

·
Registered
58 Posts
The only thing Walsh has so far are A-arms. The swing arm is a couple more weeks out and the stem is going to be awhile. He is having a problem finding someone to do the splined ends Hmmmmmm maybe he knows something Rath doesn't ??

·
Registered
11 Posts
I recently purchased a rath racing steering stem, and after 4 rides, the stem broke. I sent it back to Rath Racing, and they said they don't warranty their product, and all they can do is sell me one at dealer cost.

I have pictures of the stem which I will post once I get them developed.

For me it is not about the money, I will buy a new stem from someone else. I have never had any problems from lonestar and when my swing arm cracked, they kindly sent me a new one.

I am an honest racer and if I had hit something hard enough to break a steering stem, I would be the first to admit it. I am posting this for people who might care about the money and want to buy a product from a company who will stand behind the items they make.

I don't feel Rath Racing is that type of company. This is just my opinion and others might have had good luck with them. I personally will not buy anything else from them.

The person I race with also bought the same stem and he has no problems with his. I think I was just one of the unlucky ones who got a stem with a problem, and Rath Racing failed to stand behind the products that they make.

$300 is a lot to spend on a steering stem to have it break in 4 races. I bought my LSR in 2000 and I have hit stuff that should have bent, twisted, or broke it and it is still as good as the day I bought it.
[/b]

I have had the same problem with LoneStar, They told me the same thing Rath told you!!!

I have had really good luck with Houser!!!

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
:icon_eek: ^^ dude this thread is over 3 years old :loser: :loser:

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have had the same problem with LoneStar, They told me the same thing Rath told you!!!

I have had really good luck with Houser!!!
[/b]
:mhihi:

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
:mhihi:
[/b]

haha im reading through here and they are saying that walsh doesnt make stems yet.. and im like wat? and i look at the date and its nov. 2003 :wtf: :mhihi:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
i wonder if this anderson feller likes Rath :strokin: :icon_eek:
[/b]

Cody is a really good guy and yea he likes rath quite abit. Guess you dont know cody or his connection with rath and like most of us if you have a good friendship like he does with rath you would also stand behind the product and his experience with rath.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts