YFZ Central banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kinda confused on what to buy , first of all I want to stay with yamaha motor company because I 've had such good luck with them in the past. I not going to be doing any racing track wise. just ridding the fields and woods around my house here. so in that case the raptor would sound like a better investment with reverse and all , but then again I want to build a stong running four wheeler that can't be touched around here. I am planning to put nitrous on it for that last min supprize , if someone starts burning my ass in a drag race. it wont be used very often , but its there if I need it kinda thing. I'm not that lazy that I cant get off and pust it backwards if I need to so reverse isnt a big issue. but as far as after market parts witch one can you get more for and all . I'm no dummy to the atv world , I keep up with the info if a new one comes out and all. I talk to the owner of a nearby yamaha store . and asked him what he thought , he said the 450 was over priced and pretty much said ya get more bang for your buck with the raptor , meaning reverse. to make a long story short for my purpose witch is the better buy .

·
Registered
102 Posts
Go YFZ450 then you will not have to spend the money on N.O.S.......because no one will get in front of your A$$ :lol :re :nono :zzz

·
Registered
556 Posts
I wouldn't get the Raptor because it has reverse... My wife thought she needed reverse, so she got the Raptor. (She thought it looked nice too...) By the time you get that thing in reverse, I can push my bike back manually and be gone.

There are more aftermarket parts available for the Raptor right now, but that's because it's been around longer... The YFZ is catching up quick.

The seat on the Raptor is nice. :lol

You talked about building the fastest bike around... You could build a killer Raptor and get beat by a YFZ with very little mods...

It's totally your decision though, and I wouldn't feel right trying to sway anyone a certain way. Both bikes are very good.

also, the "bang for the buck" thing... The YFZ's adjustable suspension is worth the price difference alone. Some might disagree with me, but from a recreational riding standpoint, it's all you'll ever need.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got my eye on the yfz all long but after today with the dealership and all after what they had to say , kinda had me thinking , I got a good feeling that I was going to make the right choice at first.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Go with the 450. At dumont I was racing a friends raptor with a bunch of mods, my bike was completely stock. he couldn't keep up, he's also a better rider than me. The 450 also sits a lot lower= more stability=less chance of rolling. The price is a little more, but you are getting more of a machine than the raptor. You get what you pay for. It's a better bike, so it costs more. I'd say get it, but the final decision is up to you.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Alba sells their Raptor with pipe, air filter, jetting and graphics for $6199... :nono

You can buy a stock YFZ450 for $6200 that will smoke that Raptor up Olds. I know, I'm stuck with a stock YFZ until feb. 14th. :bawl If I had to be stuck with a stock bike I wouldn't take any other. :lol Even with the factory setup it's got more performance options then most modified Raptors... :O That's a lot of bang for your buck in my book... ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
russellyamaha...

I was in the same sitiuation as you were, i have a bunch of fields are here and i dont race. But if you want no one to touch you, the machine to get is deff the yfz. You wont miss reverse its soo light also with just a pipe its a MONSTER. go with yfz

·
Registered
76 Posts
I too was in the same dilemma. I nearly got a V-Force but the more I spend time on the YFZ the more of a all around machine its becoming.
Believe it or not...I ride trails of all kinds right along with the trail quads. I have more power on tap so I can conquor some manuevers better than some a da 4x4s.
But I dont ride mud at all. I turn away.
I dont get my machines dirty.Ever.
If they get dirty they get detailed as soon as I get back home.
I hate to see any dirt under my seat or on any part of the frame or wheels.
I just keep em clean.,

·
Registered
137 Posts
I happen to have both the bikes. I now call my Raptor the Caddilac of quads because it has power, is big, and has a soft plush ride. My raptor is slightly modded as well as the yfz. I do not miss the extra weight of reverse on the yfz. The yfz is so much lighter than the raptor it makes it super easy to turn around, lift in the truck etc. etc. The power of the yfz is incredible and does blow the doors off the raptor. I would not spend $5000-$6000 on a raptor when the yfz is hardly any more which is a much much better bike.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what is the best performance pipe you can buy for the 450 , if nose isnt realy a factor. hell realy I want it to put a little sound with out sounding w00terty. im going to keep notes because when I go get the loan , Im going to borrow enoff for the aftermarket parts as well. I plan on rejetting the carb aftermarket pipe and all the works might talk the dealer ship to making the cam mod before it leaves the dealership. hell wile I was talking to the dealership they even told me hondas 450 wont even touch the yamaha 450 , honda prices are way over priced for what your getting. plus I think the new honda 450 is ugly as w00ter. looks like they rushed to put it together for they could keep up with sales and all. the way I see it why even try yamaha has lead the way with the banshee for like 17 years I think the first banshee was made back in 1987 . untill now that yamaha has come out with the 450 , I think they'll continue to stay on top. all I can tell honda is stay on the porch if they can't keep up with the big dogs.

·
Registered
741 Posts
get a yfz...with that and a pipe and filter...no1 will touch you :D
Mike

·
Registered
134 Posts
Originally posted by sux2beu@Jan 24 2004, 06:05 AM
russellyamaha...

I was in the same sitiuation as you were, i have a bunch of fields are here and i dont race. But if you want no one to touch you, the machine to get is deff the yfz. You wont miss reverse its soo light also with just a pipe its a MONSTER. go with yfz
You can post, but you can't respond to business deals you've made?
What's your problem?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Originally posted by yfz25@Jan 23 2004, 10:55 PM
Go YFZ450 then you will not have to spend the money on N.O.S.......because no one will get in front of your A$$ :lol :re :nono :zzz
:stupid

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by Neo+Jan 24 2004, 05:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Neo @ Jan 24 2004, 05:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--yfz25@Jan 23 2004, 10:55 PM
Go YFZ450 then you will not have to spend the money on N.O.S.......because no one will get in front of your A$$  :lol  :re  :nono  :zzz
:stupid [/b][/quote]
:stupid too

1 - 16 of 16 Posts