YFZ Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I'm picking up my 04 blue raptor Monday and I want to pipe and rejet it after a couple months but not sure what to get. I ride in the country so noise isn't a factor, however, my friends and I go to the dunes 1 or 2 times a year and I will need something with a quiet core insert I can throw in it. I'd like a Sparks but not sure if a full exhaust is worth since it will be a long while if ever that I do other mods to the engine. Any descent slip ons or full you recommend. Is there a big difference between slip ons and full exhausts? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just about any slip-on will add a few ponies, but it all depends on what you want. There is about a 7-9 HP (give or take) difference between full exhaust systems vs. slip-on's. Most companies are similar in the hp dept. with CT Racing leading the pack. Sparks, Yoshi, Graydon all maxe xlnt systems for your application. For a full story on a Raptor pipe shootout, go to www.dirtwheelsmag.com. :lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
8) :sup

curtis sparks is the best money can buy for,four stroke quads. or... fmf titanium factory 4 looks kool, and theres one pipe uc na get with out re-jetting. i forgot what it was though.

mike :rock 8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts