YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a few of random YFZ450r pictures while I was at the dealer show. I'm not a photographer but I tried. haha

We are editing our new website with new YFZ450R parts daily. If you see something you want online chances are we can get it & at a better price for YFZcentral members. KB Motorsports

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
awesome! Do they have a number plate kit out for the white and red yfz??? Also does Houser have a arms out too? Thanks!

·
Registered
950 Posts
I think it looks sharp how that sticker kit goes right over the frame and black material, very neat.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I like that HMF tail light block off. I knew it wouldnt be long until someone made a peice to cover all that up.

Notice how DG's nerfs arn't even attached to the frame on the front? Looks like they rushed to make those nerfs, I'm not too impressed.

I really do like Sommer's graphics. Also his skidplate. I was wondering how people would be fastening a skid to the front of the frame. I guess they decided drilling a hole was the best option!

·
Registered
533 Posts
QUOTE (waters racing @ Feb 16 2009, 10:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=747085
What are you talking about? The DG's are attached to the front of the frame the same way everyone elses nerfs are[/b]
In the pic they are not even attached! The mount is there, but it doesn't line up with the motor mount.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I dunno how you can notice that from the picture.

·
Registered
311 Posts
QUOTE (BlasterBTW @ Feb 16 2009, 06:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=747016
Also his skidplate. I was wondering how people would be fastening a skid to the front of the frame. I guess they decided drilling a hole was the best option![/b]
Drilling a hole? That is the GYT-R belly plate. the front of the plate has a sort of bracket that ties into the lower bolts for the front bumper.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yea you can tell the nerfs are not mounted, no motor mount bracket. They are definitely lacking in that department. I purchased some of the new DG nerfs for my kfx450r with heel guards that the pro's are running, and they don't have mounting brackets made, making them, what kinda crap is that???? I didn't buy straight from them, bought through someone else and when I got the box I couldn't even mount them up. I had to call them and thats what I was told, still waiting. I actually purchased 2 sets, the first ones they shipped the mounting brackets out right away, now I'm waiting to get more, been 3 weeks or more B.S.......

·
Registered
436 Posts
QUOTE (waters racing @ Feb 16 2009, 11:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=747293
Drilling a hole? That is the GYT-R belly plate. the front of the plate has a sort of bracket that ties into the lower bolts for the front bumper.[/b]
Sure doesn't look like a GYT-R to me? Looks like a custom plastic peice. It's totally flat, no peices bending up around the frame at all. If you open the picture and look at the very tip of the bottom frame rail, up behind the bumper. You'll see a bolt sticking up with a large washer and nut on it. This leaves me to believe that they drilled a hole through the tip of the frame to mount the skid plate with a single bolt in the front.

The GYT-R

1 - 20 of 26 Posts