YFZ Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 YFZ 450R
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Folks-
Recenlty upgraded my radiator hoses to handle a little more heat from the giant swing of the Yoshi full exhaust.
Lost a bit of fluid as you can imagine while doing this. The bike has 1.5 hours on it as i have been modding things out before season. My questions to you all,
would you recommend a full flush of the radiator now, or just add and top off what was lost? Also, i plan on changing radiator fluids to the Blue stuff all the kids are using, can i mix the two or is that a no-no?
And i noticed where the resevior fluid line is, it's at the LOW line, and it looks like i'll have to remove the entire radiator to get that resevior out? is that what ya'll are seein?

Thank you in advance for any help here

#saveracequads

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
For reservoir drain fill it up with distilled water or regular water, get a 2 feet of any hose fill with water, hold both ends of hose filled with water with thumbs. Jam quikly one end of hose in reservoir all the way in. Lower other end of hose below the resorvoir move finga outta way. It gonna drain no need to remove this and that.

Flush with distilled water and use good coolant or engine ice.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 YFZ 450R
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For reservoir drain fill it up with distilled water or regular water, get a 2 feet of any hose fill with water, hold both ends of hose filled with water with thumbs. Jam quikly one end of hose in reservoir all the way in. Lower other end of hose below the resorvoir move finga outta way. It gonna drain no need to remove this and that.

Flush with distilled water and use good coolant or engine ice.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

This is so very helpful, I appreciate this . i noticed that new location for the resevoir and thought, what a pain in butt this is gonna be. Already have that Engine Ice ready to go!!!

Cheers!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts