YFZ Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will someone briefly describe the different types of racing?

GNCC
TT
Harescrambles
cross country
woods
etc.

·
Registered
631 Posts
harescrambles are races usally consisting of part mx & woods racing. the course is usally starts on a mx track then winds through the woods & back out to the mx track

tt i believe is a flat track race with a few small jumps usally goes in a circle but i'm not sure.

i'm sure you know what mx is

i'm not sure about the rest of them i've only raced mx & harescrambles

andy

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by wildman77@Dec 3 2003, 10:10 AM
harescrambles are races usally consisting of part mx & woods racing. the course is usally starts on a mx track then winds through the woods & back out to the mx track

tt i believe is a flat track race with a few small jumps usally goes in a circle but i'm not sure.

i'm sure you know what mx is

i'm not sure about the rest of them i've only raced mx & harescrambles

andy
So TT is what you see @ the monster truck shows? What does the TT mean?

I don't race anything, but would just like to understand the terms a bit. Well I guess I do race guys up the sand hills.

I do know mx.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
GNCC, Harescramlbes,woods, and XC are all pretty much the same thing. GNCC is a national series for XC racing. Harescramlbes are local or district XC's and are usually a little shorter but more technical.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks.

·
Registered
625 Posts
or does TT stand for tight track?

Geoff.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Originally posted by cjpoole1+Dec 8 2003, 10:52 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cjpoole1 @ Dec 8 2003, 10:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--seatec@Dec 3 2003, 10:29 AM
TT stand for "tourist trophy"
:stupid [/b][/quote]
at least one guy betting on the right horse. :lol

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by cjpoole1+Dec 8 2003, 12:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cjpoole1 @ Dec 8 2003, 12:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--seatec@Dec 3 2003, 10:29 AM
TT stand for "tourist trophy"
:stupid [/b][/quote]
So what exactly is a "tourist trophy"? Where'd it come from?

·
Registered
983 Posts
might be french origin but am not sure.
I also read something about the first TOurist trophy ever ridden was on the ISLAND of Man in 1907. cant find much more than that right now.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
"TT" I thought it ment Tenacious * *, that's why we were in the hurry to get back to the Start/Finish line :lol

Dictionary:
Tenacious, Holding together firmly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts