YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to get some numbers put on my quad, but do not know what the rules are, or if there are any. I would like to use a three digit number I think, but I dont know if certain number cant be used or what. Anyone know what the rules are, any help is appreciatied. :re

·
Registered
631 Posts
IT DEPENDS ON THE TRACK MOST TRACKS ADVISE YOU TO USE THE LAST 3 DIGITS OF YOUR AMA# IF YOU HAVE ONE. HERE IN OHIO THEY RECOMMEND THAT BUT NUMBERS ARE FIRST COME BASIS.IF 2 PEOPLE SIGN UP WITH THE SAME NUMBER THEN WHOEVER SIGNED UP LAST HAS TO CHANGE # I RECOMMEND CONTACTING THE TRACK WHICH YOU PLAN ON RACING AT. HOPE THIS HELPS

WILDMAN

·
Registered
217 Posts
Wildman77, where do you race at? I race alot of the fair motorcross series and am thinking about getting into some GNCC races just to see how I do.

·
Registered
631 Posts
i used to race the ams fair series here in ohio, the indoor motocross at marion colisieum, & at sunset ramblers in galion but i haven't raced since 1999

wildman

·
Registered
217 Posts
I will be racing the Marion indoor series this winter. I raced up there a couple of times last year on my Raptor but it was too big for that tiny little supercross track. I cant wait to try my YFZ in their. Would you be interested in going in on some practice time there? It is $160 an hour and you can have up to 8 riders. So about $20 a rider for an hour.

·
Registered
631 Posts
i don't have a quad right now i have to sell my ninja first so i can get a yfz but thanks for asking though you live around marion? i'm about 12 miles east of marion

wildman

·
Registered
217 Posts
I live in Columbus and places to ride are few and far between. I have even thought about asking a farmer if he would rent his land to me to build a track.

·
Registered
631 Posts
i've been talkingto a ealer up near norwalk about trading my bike in on a yfz maybe this week. once i get it we'll have to get together & go riding. i can't believe it costs that much to rent the track in marion it used to be $50 for upto 10 riders but tab thompson sold the business to somebody else. he used to be fair with the riders. this new guy most be tring to get rich quick.

wildman

1 - 8 of 8 Posts